📅 Events

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

[May 12] Discussion Thread | Webinar: Run Better with Operations Hub

Thank you so much for joining the webinar! We hope you took away some interesting learnings. Please share what you thought of the event or leave any questions you may have for the panelists in the comment section below. 

About the event: Operations teams spend 80% of their time putting out data and process fires and only 20% driving business strategy and improving the customer experience. They have the knowledge and desire to be a lynchpin for your business, but they end up spending more time fighting growing pains than propelling growth. It’s time to flip that script, and to unleash Ops to live up to their strategic potential with the right tools and strategies.

The speakers & panelists: 

In this webinar on May 12 at 1pm ET, HubSpot leaders walked you through:

Operations Hub, HubSpot’s newest product designed for operations teams that want to spend less time fighting fires, and more time driving strategic business value. Unlike siloed data tools, Operations Hub combines an ops team’s full toolkit into a CRM platform, uniting all your customer data on one connected platform. The result: a more efficient, aligned, and agile business, an unhindered and strategic ops team, and a friction-free customer experience.

The Operations Hub PlaybookWithin the playbook, you will find many unique blueprints outlining exactly how you can implement solutions to the problems you might be looking to solve. We’ve bucketed these solutions into a few different categories including:

• Data Architecture: Using Operations Hub to organize data, move data points across objects, and automate the framework for a sound reporting strategy.
  • Integrations: How to use Operations Hub for both push and pull integrations without the need for middleware.
  • Advanced Workflow Automation: Take your workflow automation to the next level by removing limitations of standard actions and run fully code based actions (Custom Coded Actions).
  • Data Routing & Assignment: Use Operations Hub to extend your routing and assignment logic past round robin.
  • Custom Objects: Leverage Operations Hub with custom objects to build fully native custom applications within HubSpot.

Didn't catch the webinar? Click here to watch the recording!

Here you can find an FAQ post based on the most upvoted questions during the Webinar

20 Replies 20
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi everyone!

Because we weren't able to answer all your questions live during the Webinar, we've decided to create an FAQ page here in the community that answered the most upvoted ones. You can find those FAQs here.

In a couple of weeks, we'll also do a follow-up Live AMA about Operations Hub and Revenue Operations to answer any additional unanswered questions. Subscribe to the FAQ page or this post to be notified about that announcement. 

0 Upvotes
BD31
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Are there any plans to accommodate a Google Data Studio integration with Operations Hub? 

therealdb
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @BD31 as of today we aren't planning on building a GDS integration with Operations Hub -- there is an integration that already exists via Supermetrics (https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/analytics-data/supermetrics) that allows for this.  

0 Upvotes
Kierstin
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I know you're working on answering the questions we submitted during the webinar but thought I'd go ahead and record my one question here as well. We're looking for a better way to manage the de-duplication process (when importing or syncing through Integration) for many of our clients. We have quite a few accounts that won't work with the standard email or company domain as the unique identifier. Is there any feature in Ops Hub that solves for this issue? 

0 Upvotes
therealdb
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Kierstin! This could be possible with custom code actions where you'd run the code to check the Contacts API for similar fields and then use the Merge Contacts API to merge those same contacts based on the results from the first part of the code.  

0 Upvotes
Daleksandersen
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi! Did unfortunately miss the webinar. The link is to the registration page, not possible to view the recorded one. Please provide a new link. 🙂 

0 Upvotes
Kierstin

0 Upvotes
CDubay

Will the Data Sync portion of Operations Hub be as full-featured as PieSync?  In PieSync, we could easily create "If-then" rules to sync certain data between Hubspot and Mailchimp, but that does not seem possible at the moment.  Will those features becoming soon?

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@CDubay wrote:

Will the Data Sync portion of Operations Hub be as full-featured as PieSync?  In PieSync, we could easily create "If-then" rules to sync certain data between Hubspot and Mailchimp, but that does not seem possible at the moment.  Will those features becoming soon?

@CDubay For sure! We want data sync to surpass PieSync's functionality before we sunset PieSync. Today, data sync may indeed be lagging behind for some use cases. But only ever so slightly. Here's some product context should this be of interest:

The if/then statements in PieSync are actually not an if/then in the (HubSpot) workflow sense of the concept. It would be confusing if we replicate this UX in HubSpot. In PieSync, the rules are in fact some sort of (segment) mapping in disguise. It is equating the state of Mailchimp subscribers to another state in HubSpot and/or vice versa.

The PieSync if/then rules allow to set up mappings in PieSync that, ironically, aren’t possible with the actual mapping table down below in the sync configuration screen of PieSync.

Rules are powerful, but also brittle and it led to poor UX in cases where we’d force you to set up X different rules (branches) which one simple mapping would solve.

We want to fix that in Data Sync and make it more logical:

• the first page of data sync is where you ‘filter’ the sync
  • the second page of data sync is where you say how data should be ‘mapped’
0 Upvotes
eComEngine_Suz
Participant

Will Programmagable Automation alert/monitor for when data is not synced into HS? This is key for us and something I'd like to own on the business side rather than involving our more technical teams. Here is my original idea request: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Workflows-to-send-alerts-for-data-NOT-populating-in-H...

jtremblay
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @eComEngine_Suz ,

Thanks for the questions. Not sure if Programmable automation can help specifically here, as you would need something to trigger it to poll & check your HS data.

Curious if you using an enrollment trigger to check newly created deals, filtering by deals created in the last 24 hours that don't have a specific property value entered (i.e. property is unknown)?

0 Upvotes
hannahflat
Contributor

I think Operations Hub looks great, especially the data quality automation and the programmable automation, both of which would really help anyone in Ops. But it's such a shame that those two features are only available in the Professional plan, which I think is unattainable for most small to medium companies. Are there any plans to make those features available at a lower cost in the future, even if not the full version of them. 

ariplaut
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@hannahflat wrote:

I think Operations Hub looks great, especially the data quality automation and the programmable automation, both of which would really help anyone in Ops. But it's such a shame that those two features are only available in the Professional plan, which I think is unattainable for most small to medium companies. Are there any plans to make those features available at a lower cost in the future, even if not the full version of them. 

Hi @hannahflat — thanks for the question. Our goal, as always, is to make as much of our software available to as many businesses as we can, and to charge for features in ways that feel intuitive, transparent, and fair. That's why our core CRM is free, and always has been. And also why a ton of features from our other hubs, like live chat and email marketing, have free versions as well.

We're taking this same approach with Operations Hub. There's a ton of value in the free tools (e.g. bidirectional syncing with 30+ apps). As you move up in tier and price, you'll find features that, based on our research and customer/partner conversations, are more often suited for bigger teams and/or more advanced operations use cases.

While we don't have any plans to update Operations Hub pricing, we're always open to feedback like this. Feel free to email me at ari@hubspot.com with any other questions or ideas.

0 Upvotes
GBerry9
Participant

with the Dynamic 365 integration does that include ClickDimensions?

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@GBerry9 wrote:

with the Dynamic 365 integration does that include ClickDimensions?

Good question! I understand ClickDimensions to be an add-on to MSD, essentially giving marketing automation inside of Dynamics. Data sync by HubSpot is going to be syncing only those properties that sit on the Dynamics lead or contact record directly. It will not sync data outside of these objects for now. It's likely that ClickDimensions does store some data points on the lead or contact record, but probably not everything. I couldn't tell for sure - we've only developed this for a vanilla Dynamics instance, not with ClickDimensions. Easiest would be to just try setting up a free sync - see which ClickDimensions properties we manage to load up? Happy to talk.

0 Upvotes
Kschierholt
Participant

Will we be able to "build" our own data sync integrations in the future? Similar to how Zapier works.

ariplaut
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Kschierholt wrote:

Will we be able to "build" our own data sync integrations in the future? Similar to how Zapier works.

Great question @Kschierholt. In the future, yes — our goal is to eventually open up the data sync framework to anyone who wants to build on it. To stress test the framework, we're building the first handful of integrations ourselves, but we aspire to create a more extensible data sync platform in the future (no specific timelin.

0 Upvotes
FlywheelKinetic
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Can't wait to dig in to this new Hub! I think it's going to be a game changer for the companies trying to work with other outdated, closed off systems. From a strategic point of view I'd like to know what integrations are on the roadmap for the future. How could a company get on that list?

From a tactical point of view, I've played with the existing DataSyncs of Outlook and Ring Central data sync. Curious if there will be a way to turn this on for an entire company? Or is it something each user will have to install the app individually? 

Long term I'm going to be looking for some development help for a couple of clients I have in mind for this so I'm excited to connect with other partner agencies and developers that are mastering the programmable automation side of this Hub!

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@FlywheelKinetic wrote:

Or is it something each user will have to install the app individually? 

RingCentral (as well as Google Contacts e.g.) are 'personal addressbooks' so they are connected and managed by the user in the account. All the other syncs available are actually shared within the portal. For instance, in contrast, Aircall (also a dialer) is a portal-level app, since what you sync within Aircall is the company addressbook, not your personal rolodex attached to your phone extension. Hope this makes sense!

@FlywheelKinetic wrote:

From a strategic point of view I'd like to know what integrations are on the roadmap for the future. 

The current list of apps released under the data sync feature is almost a 100% comprised of PieSync connectors, that HubSpot acquired in 2019. PieSync had built over 250 syncs and over the span of the next months we’ll be porting many of these syncs in order of their popularity. Sugar CRM, Pipedrive, Connectwise, ... They’re coming!

At the same time we’ll be expanding the actual sync’s capabilities by introducing more objects including associations between those objects.

"So what about the other apps that PieSync did not have on its radar?" I hear you ask?

The HubSpot ecosystem is thriving - new integrations are being added all the time. Over 95% are built by app partners themselves - not HubSpot. This is a dynamic that we don’t want to change.In the future, we wish to make HubSpot’s data sync to become available as an underlying mechanic of any integration - so that the app partners can leverage it when building out their own integration. Similar to how they are now using the API or other HubSpot developer tools.

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@FlywheelKinetic wrote:

Can't wait to dig in to this new Hub! I think it's going to be a game changer for the companies trying to work with other outdated, closed off systems. From a strategic point of view I'd like to know what integrations are on the roadmap for the future. How could a company get on that list?

From a tactical point of view, I've played with the existing DataSyncs of Outlook and Ring Central data sync. Curious if there will be a way to turn this on for an entire company? Or is it something each user will have to install the app individually? 

Long term I'm going to be looking for some development help for a couple of clients I have in mind for this so I'm excited to connect with other partner agencies and developers that are mastering the programmable automation side of this Hub!

Hi @FlywheelKinetic

Can't agree with you more. Operations Hub is such a gamechanger! 

I'm tagging @FransLeys in here because he'll be able to answer your integration/data sync questions 😁