💬 RevOps Discussions

HopeAndy
Participant

Syncing Pipedrive to HubSpot

SOLVE

Hello! I am looking to sync several deal properites from Pipedrive to HubSpot. The one giving me the most issues is the "Deal owner" property that's native to HubSpot.

It appears that the Pipedrive "deal owner name" field doesn't want to sync with any HubSpot dropdown properties (let alone the "Deal owner" property).

I tried having it copy over to a single line text field in HubSpot and then copying that to a dropdown with the same internal values as the native "Deal owner" property in HubSpot, but single line text fields cannot be copied over to dropdowns via HubSpot workflows.

I COULD use if/then branches to read the single line text field and then assign owners based on that, but that seems incredibly messy and not a long-term sustainable solution. Also I can only have 20 branches and there are at least 30 reps.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, how did you solve for it? The ask is, we want the deal owner from Pipedrive to ulimately copy and sync to the Deal owner property in HubSpot, and vice versa. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HopeAndy - I agree with Phil - the standard deal owner field in Pipedrive should sync by default to the HubSpot deal owner field - however for this to work the users need to be set up in both systems. If you have the same users in both systems and the deal owner property is not syncing then this may be something you will need to raise as a tech support ticket to explore and understand if there are any limitations and why.  
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 16.58.18.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

JenBergren
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @TiphaineCuisset ! I believe @RemotishAgency worked on a pipedrive integration project though it was a few years ago, she may have advice!

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

The marketplace shows this information ... by mistake unfortunately. Reason:  owner sync is currently  being worked on and some of that future info has already leaked to the marketplace! It's coming very soon now.

JenBergren
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @TiphaineCuisset ! I believe @RemotishAgency worked on a pipedrive integration project though it was a few years ago, she may have advice!

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HopeAndy - I agree with Phil - the standard deal owner field in Pipedrive should sync by default to the HubSpot deal owner field - however for this to work the users need to be set up in both systems. If you have the same users in both systems and the deal owner property is not syncing then this may be something you will need to raise as a tech support ticket to explore and understand if there are any limitations and why.  
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 16.58.18.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HopeAndy 

According to documentation, and my recollection, Deal owner should be syncronised as standard by the HubSpot Datasync product - I presume this requires your Pipedrive owners to have user accounts on HubSpot to funtion. Have you got all your reps set up this way? 

Furthermore, the docuementation also suggests that most thirdparty apps can sync owner fields to a HubSpot text field, which should make some of your work arounds possible.

Documentation here: Connect and use HubSpot data sync 

Option 1 is presumably prefereable so perhaps we can try to confirm if/why that isnt working for you. Do your reps have HubSpot accounts?  

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
HopeAndy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Do the deal owners for PipeDrive and HubSpot have to match 1 to 1 in any way?

0 Upvotes
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

My pleasure and happy to help. I believe the users emails should be the same. E.g. the deal owner in Pipedrive should have an account in HS with the same email address.

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HopeAndy 

Thank you for reaching out!

This is strange, this sync could be possible from what I can see here

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and specific example about this. 

I also want to tag some of our top contributors here - @Phil_Vallender @Jonno_Price @JenBergren have you come across this before? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes