💬 RevOps Discussions

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Planning for 2022

Hi everyone!

With 2022 planning season almost over, at least the holidays are almost upon us, I thought it might be fun to get people to share what their big RevOps bets are for 2022. What will the focal points for your RevOps teams?

Will it be to streamline upkeep of internal documentation? Or migrating all data into a central source of truth/data warehouse. Maybe breaking down siloes and establishing clear SLAs between different functional ops teams? I'd love to hear what you'll be working on 😄

And if you're looking to start from scratch and establish a RevOps philosophy/methodology, be sure to watch the following event: The 2022 RevOps Manifesto, where you'll learn about a set of guiding principles to adhere to in order to be and stay successful at RevOps throughout 2022.

5 Replies 5
RyanWright
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Planning for 2022

For now, I'm going to be an active fly on the wall in this group. My perspective is going to be learning the RevOps role as a persona, as I expect to be selling agency services to them (or perhaps to them as part of a consensus sale where HubSpot and agency work is involved). So I'm going to use the resources and topic threads in the group to better understand RevOps as both a discipline and the mentality of the people who play this role in c-suite leadership at companies.

Book a meeting with me: https://www.clearpivot.com/meetings/rwright3
JenBergren
Guide

Planning for 2022

A lot of our 2022 priorities are related to deciding on better metrics to track progress and putting everything into place to capture and report on that data, AND make important metrics/progress toward goals visible to the whole team. These priorities are appearing in different ways across all our teams, not just on the Ops roadmap for 2022, so that is exciting. My personal related goal is No More Spreadsheets Needed 😉 

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

Planning for 2022

Thanks for looping me in, @jbogaert. A big focus heading into 2022 is going to be on clear SLAs. My approach is always to view SLAs as a dynamic element that needs iteration.

SLAs have been in place for quite some time for us, but as the organization has experienced rapid growth, everyone has had to wear multiple hats, and some of the original SLA has gotten a bit blurry and created small pockets of friction. So, now that more folks are settling in to specialized roles, it's definitely time to revisit the SLA and clear things up.

Additionally, ensuring we are optimizing our integrations strategy (both custom and native) is going to be very important for us as well.

AHudson
Contributor

Planning for 2022

Hey @jbogaert !!

I think the big priority for me in 2022 is going to be bridging a gap that still remains between our CS team and the rest of the organization.  Sales and BD hold a lot of knowledge that CS needs but constantly has to dig through documentation.  Even if it's a simple question.  I'm considering having a CS rep sit in on partner launches and cycling through the CS team.  

My goal is to provide clarity into the onboarding process, develop a 'memory' of which partner uses what platform.  The result will be (hopefully) CS having a top-of-mind understanding of what customers need when they are coming from a specific business owner who uses a specific platform.  We have a weird model lol so if this is confusing I get it, but I think this will have a big impact.  

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Planning for 2022