💬 RevOps Discussions

jonathan_unger
Contributor

Legal Language on Imports

Hi everyone,

I am curious what your thoughts are on the language used at the end of the lead import process.

I agree that all contacts in this import are expecting to hear from my organization. I have a prior relationship with these contacts and have emailed them at least once in the past year. I can confirm this list wasn't purchased, rented, appended, or provided by a third party.

If all of those conditions have to be true, then it would render imports obsolete. Even someone you met at an in-person event + provided you their email + agreed to be contacted would not meet this criteria, because you have not "emailed them at least once in the past year."

Maybe it would make more sense if these points were split up into bullets, and you only had to meet select conditions.

Cheers,

Jonathan

2 Replies 2
Dylan
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @jonathan_unger,

Good question! I have to admit that this is a bit of sensitivity for us. As a company that champions the Inbound Methodology, the process of buying lists hits us pretty close to home. That’s what we’re trying to tackle with this language, although you bring up other use cases we may want to consider solving for. I’m going to look into this further, thanks for raising it.

Dylan
Product Manager of Imports

jonathan_unger
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Dylan. Definitely understand the sensitivity; as a German-based company we are also particularly diligent around privacy/consent. Looking forward to hearing more.

0 Upvotes