💬 RevOps Discussions

Eleven11
Top Contributor

Creating Properties Based on Associated Records

SOLVE

We've recently created a custom object in HubSpot to represent customer subscriptions in our billing platform and it's been a game changes. However, We are running into some limited functionality that is preventing us from totalling all of a companies subscriptions (MRR) on the company record. 

Eg. Sum up MRR for all subscriptions where subscription status is active and not cancelled.

This can be done in the report builder, but not on the company (or contact/deal/ticket/etc. record). It's a bit of a road block and it's causing my VP of Sales to push for switching to Salesforce. 

This could be fixed by allowing us to create calculated properties based on associated records and setting conditions using the already created conditions feature. However, we're limited to only using properties from the native record under which we're creating the property. 

Any thoughts/solutions?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Eleven11,

If I understand you correctly, this should be possible already, see the screenshot below:

karstenkoehler_0-1653452187492.png

In my case, the custom object is an agency. When creating a calculation on the contact record, I can sum up a number field on the agency record when a single checkbox on the same record is ticked.

In your case, you could sum up the MRR on the subscription record when an active/inactive checkbox is ticked.

Have you tried this?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Eleven11
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You learn something new every day I guess. I had only used the custom equation functionality and didn't realize you could do sum/max/min/average/count. That's great to know and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Eleven11,

If I understand you correctly, this should be possible already, see the screenshot below:

karstenkoehler_0-1653452187492.png

In my case, the custom object is an agency. When creating a calculation on the contact record, I can sum up a number field on the agency record when a single checkbox on the same record is ticked.

In your case, you could sum up the MRR on the subscription record when an active/inactive checkbox is ticked.

Have you tried this?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.