Women in Tech

KJallow
Contributor

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I am Kaddijatou from The Gambia. I work for a startup digital marketing agency as a Content Writer. I am here to improve my skills to upgrade to content creation as I am very passionate about creating content.

6 Replies 6
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Introduction

Hi @KJallow , welcome to the community!

I love content creation and am always open to sharing ideas. Is there something you've created that you're most proud of?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

KJallow
Contributor

Introduction

Yes

I think the best thing I have created so far positive about is our action plan in the business plan I am writing. 

I will just give a bit of background about the agency and me so that you can help me better. I started content writing in February 2022. I had no background in tech as I studied agriculture but then somebody advise me to start studying digital marketing as he thought I have the potential in it. So I first did some basic IC3 and then I move to digital marketing, what stood out most to me was content writing as I have always loved writing so I decided to pursue it. I knew if I wanted to excel in it, just learning and reading would not be enough so I decided to volunteer as a writer for S'Like. I approach the founder and told her about it, instead she offered a paid internship to try my skills and develop myself. After 3 months of the internship, I was offered a full-time Content Writing Job and now I am a Content Creator for S'Like digital marketing Agency. S'Like is an agency with great potential to succeed as many Gambian businesses are coming up and many are starting to use technology in their marketing.  But the management was not very good until recently when we decided to change all our strategies. We have written a marketing strategy to go out and meet clients in person and offer them a free trial of our services for a given time just to introduce them to what we do as we need to build our client base. As I am new to all of this, sometimes I get tangled up as I tried to learn and implement the strategies to grow S'Like. 

Jnix284

Introduction

@KJallow that is such a wonderful story, thank you for sharing! 🧡

It is so inspiring that you put yourself out there to try something new and came up with an offer to the agency that caused them to see and understand your value immediately. It sounds like you are making great effort to learn and grow, something I think is key to success.

There will be challenges along the way that make you question whether you can really do it, just know that you can, and that every day is truly an opportunity to get better.

All the best in your journey, I look forward to seeing your contributions in the community as you learn new things and face new challenges!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

KJallow
Contributor

Introduction

Thank you very much Jennifer. I too look forward to learning a lot from you as I grow into my career. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduction

Welcome to the Community, @KJallowQ!  We're happy to have you here 🙂 

I would recommend joining the Content Marketing study group to connect with content creators and professionals!

Best,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
KJallow
Contributor

Introduction

Thank you, Kristen

0 Upvotes