Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BSweet

When to use WordPress vs. HubSpot?

SOLVE

Note that our WordPress installations all have HubSpot tracking enabled.

I much prefer WordPress for creating landing pages as it's much easier, but I want to ensure that we can capture the same information and engagement information as a HubSpot page.

Based on the above, when is it best to use WordPress versus HubSpot?

As far as I know, HubSpot is necessary when you're wanting to do dynamic customization of a page based on existing user data housed in HubSpot. For everything else, the experience and data that's captured is identical across WordPress pages and HubSpot pages. Is that incorrect?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @BSweet ,

That's a great question.

If you already have a solid WP setup for landing pages with A/B Testing, SEO all setup and easy to manage etc... then I would agree with your statement: the main thing you're missing is dynamic content ('Smart Rules'), which you won't be able to do in WP. (Well, theoretically you could via the API but it would be a big headache to set it up). Then it's just a question of UX and what your users are comfortable/familiar with.

If you're using a HubSpot form and you have the tracking widget in WP, then... yep, you're not really going to miss anything else I think.

I did see you added the Enterprise tag, so you do get Adaptive Testing in Enterprise (Multi-variate testing) - is that something you have with your WP setup?

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @BSweet ,

That's a great question.

If you already have a solid WP setup for landing pages with A/B Testing, SEO all setup and easy to manage etc... then I would agree with your statement: the main thing you're missing is dynamic content ('Smart Rules'), which you won't be able to do in WP. (Well, theoretically you could via the API but it would be a big headache to set it up). Then it's just a question of UX and what your users are comfortable/familiar with.

If you're using a HubSpot form and you have the tracking widget in WP, then... yep, you're not really going to miss anything else I think.

I did see you added the Enterprise tag, so you do get Adaptive Testing in Enterprise (Multi-variate testing) - is that something you have with your WP setup?

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

BSweet

SOLVE

Thanks for the info. We've yet to use any testing features outside of standard A/B testing.

0 Upvotes