Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

samueljohnr

What is a good visits-to-contacts conversion rate?

SOLVE

Hi guys,

Finding conversion rates for how a single landing page should perform is easy enough. What I'm struggling to find clear benchmarks on what a good visits-to-contacts conversion rate is? I want to understand how well my website is performing overall in terms of converting leads.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Sam

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @samueljohnr

This can vary wildly between business and so its quite hard to find reliable data on this. It can also be dramatically influenced by a number of factors, and so it's hard to reach average numbers. 

My recommendation would be that you focus on understanding your own current performance and on improving that. Any number that is better than when you started is a good outcome, regardless of benchmarks. 

What I can tell you is that most websites are not built for lead generation. It's normal to see a visitor to contact conversion rate of <1%. A move to between 2 and 5%, which is entirely possible with inbound, is a great result and can help a business achieve its goals.

But, continually increasing conversion rate isn't always possible or desirable.

For example, as you generate more blog content and start driving more traffic this way, conversion rate might actually go down, but the net numbers and quality will be up. 

And, some sources of traffic can convert at extremely differing levels. For example, we have one source of referral traffic that converts at nearly 20% - far higher than organic traffic. 

So again, I'd focus on your own results in this instance. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
link-to-whatsap

SOLVE

Hi, in our website we are sharing some data about this topic. 

We see from 1% to 8% in conversion rate in websites with a decent number of visitors (at least 10,000 x month). The link to our post is here :

https://tochat.be/click-to-chat/2024/01/02/conversion-rate-from-visit-to-contact-using-whatsapp-widg...

Thank you!!

0 Upvotes
BGrooms

SOLVE

Conversion rates, is the process of reaching out to the right target audience, presenting them with the right solution and getting them to take the action you want them to take. These could range from subscribing to buying from your website.

Computing for your conversion rate is easy. Once you’ve clearly defined what a conversion is, you now know what to measure and how to compute your lead conversion rate. Conversion rates are equal to the total number of conversions divided by the number of leads and then multiplied by 100.

If your conversion is defined as leads who become new customers, then the formula should look like this:

Lead Conversion Rate = Total No. of New Customers / Number of Leads * 100

So, if you had 100 leads, and 20 of them became new customers, your lead conversion rate is 20%. If there is more than one conversion action that you’re tracking, the results can go over 100% due to each interaction can have multiple conversions.

The standard conversion rate varies across industries. With industries having various targets and conversations, no single standard can be used. These could range from different products, source , information, etc.

In most cases, you should also expect traffic coming from the top of the funnel to be a lot higher than those further down the funnel to become Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQL).

Visitors that become MQLs and SQLs provide larger opportunities they have been identified as leads who have engaged with you and are interested in your product or service. On average, SQL conversion rates are higher than MQL conversion rates; the SQL is in the buying cycle while MQLs are not ready for the buying stage just yet.

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BGrooms hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @samueljohnr

This can vary wildly between business and so its quite hard to find reliable data on this. It can also be dramatically influenced by a number of factors, and so it's hard to reach average numbers. 

My recommendation would be that you focus on understanding your own current performance and on improving that. Any number that is better than when you started is a good outcome, regardless of benchmarks. 

What I can tell you is that most websites are not built for lead generation. It's normal to see a visitor to contact conversion rate of <1%. A move to between 2 and 5%, which is entirely possible with inbound, is a great result and can help a business achieve its goals.

But, continually increasing conversion rate isn't always possible or desirable.

For example, as you generate more blog content and start driving more traffic this way, conversion rate might actually go down, but the net numbers and quality will be up. 

And, some sources of traffic can convert at extremely differing levels. For example, we have one source of referral traffic that converts at nearly 20% - far higher than organic traffic. 

So again, I'd focus on your own results in this instance. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency