Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JenMiller13

Tracking WHO clicked a CTA

SOLVE

Is there a way to track who specifically clicked on a CTA? I'm not talking about how many clicks. I was asked if it was possible to see who clicked on the CTA to get to a specific form on our site. That way we can compare who clicked on the CTA to those who actually finished/submitted the form and contact those who didn't. I haven't been able to find anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
4 Accepted solutions
alyssamwilie
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

You can create a List and use the Call-to-actions and Form submissions filters to add users to it that have clicked on a specific CTA but did not fill out a specific form. Click here for a quick tutorial on how to add those filters. You can then use that list to send emails to those specific users.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JenMiller13,

You can filter for contacts who have clicked a specific CTA by creating an active list (Menu > Contacts > Lists).

karstenkoehler_0-1669786151751.png

If you're on a Marketing Hub Enterprise subscription, you can also to nicely visualize how many contacts go from one step to another: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-a-journey-report

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

donrua
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

(Update: found it, but not where I would expect it. Poor UX. If I search marketing interaction properties, I get the options below, no CTA. If I search 'calls to action' I find them, but they are categorized with the same "marketing interactions' category that seemed to not include it in the previous search)

I tried to recreate this and I don't see Calls to action as an option in Marketing Interaction filters.

We are on Marketing Hub Professional

donrua_0-1690557090886.png

Alexandra-rico
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

When I do this I get 3 times less people through the list than the number of clicks showing in the CTA report.

5 Replies 5
Alexandra-rico
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

When I do this I get 3 times less people through the list than the number of clicks showing in the CTA report.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JenMiller13,

You can filter for contacts who have clicked a specific CTA by creating an active list (Menu > Contacts > Lists).

karstenkoehler_0-1669786151751.png

If you're on a Marketing Hub Enterprise subscription, you can also to nicely visualize how many contacts go from one step to another: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-a-journey-report

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

donrua
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

(Update: found it, but not where I would expect it. Poor UX. If I search marketing interaction properties, I get the options below, no CTA. If I search 'calls to action' I find them, but they are categorized with the same "marketing interactions' category that seemed to not include it in the previous search)

I tried to recreate this and I don't see Calls to action as an option in Marketing Interaction filters.

We are on Marketing Hub Professional

donrua_0-1690557090886.png

cpopel24
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Does this work for any contact who is in the database?

0 Upvotes
alyssamwilie
Solution

SOLVE

You can create a List and use the Call-to-actions and Form submissions filters to add users to it that have clicked on a specific CTA but did not fill out a specific form. Click here for a quick tutorial on how to add those filters. You can then use that list to send emails to those specific users.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.