Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MEmran
Participant

Integrating to 3CX

SOLVE

I am following a guide 

https://www.3cx.com/docs/hubspot-pbx-crm-integration/

I am trying to connect to 3CX but I keep getting the same error

Couldn’t complete the connection. Insufficient scopes were provided. Please contact the app developer.

I know there have been changes to the Contacts scope but I tried selecting

crm.objects.contacts   read|write

crm.objects.companies read|write

crm.objects.deals read|write

Please if anybody has the solution I would appreciate the help

@webdew  @WendyGoh 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MEmran
Solution
Participant

Integrating to 3CX

SOLVE

Finally, it's working I got to link to Hubspot

I have to change the XML file 

By going to this link 3CX Forums "HubSpot CRM Integration Scope Issue"

Downloading the file HubSpotCustom(1).xml file

Upload it through 3CX "Select a CRM Solution" By clicking on "+Add" and add the file

After that adding these scopes to Hubspot Developer and it should work fine:

scopes.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DGarcia75
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Integrating to 3CX

SOLVE

Hello! Does this integration with 3CX has any new updates and improvements in setup and functionality? 

We are in the process of purchasing HubSpot and 3CX but we need to know if this is working correctly today.

0 Upvotes
DinithiAbeysiri
Contributor

Integrating to 3CX

SOLVE

Hi @DGarcia75, I hope by now you have found your answers. 

We are in the process of doing the integration HubSpot to 3CX as well. Here's what the 3CX support said to us.

The 3CX document about hubspot integration that Vince sent you covers things pretty well, read that page end to end if you haven't done that yet to get a good idea of the capabilities.

If you are talking about contact creation and call journalling, I don't believe there's a way to differentiate calls like that.

When it's enabled, it will do it for every call.

The base feature of CRM integrations is the contact lookup, so that when a customer calls in 3CX will do a lookup for that number and then match it to a name so you know the name of the person that is calling. So even if the automatic contact creation and call journalling doesn't work out for you, you'll still have the contact lookup. Many of our customers use the contact lookup but not the contact creation or call journalling as it can create more work than it saves depending on your use case.

For contact lookup, do note Step 3: Configure e164 contacts and caller ID

where the number in hubspot needs to match what comes through in 3CX exactly for it to match. Numbers on our trunk and in 3CX are in E164 format with a leading plus, so phone numbers need to be in this format in Hubspot for it to match:

+6498699040

In my opinion, this isn't the greatest solution out there. Depends on what your use case. I'd recommend some other product like Aircall that deliver far better features than 3CX

Regards,
Dinithi

0 Upvotes
MEmran
Solution
Participant

Integrating to 3CX

SOLVE

Finally, it's working I got to link to Hubspot

I have to change the XML file 

By going to this link 3CX Forums "HubSpot CRM Integration Scope Issue"

Downloading the file HubSpotCustom(1).xml file

Upload it through 3CX "Select a CRM Solution" By clicking on "+Add" and add the file

After that adding these scopes to Hubspot Developer and it should work fine:

scopes.PNG

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Integrating to 3CX

SOLVE

Hi @MEmran ,

Pl refer to this community ans by @natsumimori here. She has provided some articles regarding 3CX integration.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.