Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

IRayner
Contributor

Globally bounced contacts set to marketing contacts

SOLVE

I subscribed to Hubspot as I needed to do a mailing to a list that is nominally 2900 contacts, but probably has about 100 - 200 globally bounced names. That's all good, I have 3000 on my subscription, and I have a need to mail another list of about 120.

So, I should be good to go, or so I thought.

Turns out that HubSpot will allow me to set to "marketing contacts" contacts that HubSpot won't allow me to email! No warning. No automatic "sorry, you can't set those contacts", nothing.

Now I can't email my other list (every 2 weeks) for a month without buying more contacts.

Is there any way to remedy this situation?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IRayner,

It's not possible to set a contact to marketing then back to non-marketing in the same month. (Don't shoot the messenger.) This is unfortunate, yes, and ideally HubSpot should not allow setting bounced contacts to marketing contacts. For the current month, there isn't anything you can do.

In the future, I'd recommend using the contact index page's filters (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) to set contacts to marketing contacts after excluding hard bounces, unsubscribes, invalid email addresses, contacts without email addresses.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
TW6
Participant

SOLVE

Please consider upvoting improvements to how Hubspot handles these "Global Bounces" in the Ideas thread here, we need more votes: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filtering-by-contacts-that-global-bounced/idc-p/73148...

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IRayner,

It's not possible to set a contact to marketing then back to non-marketing in the same month. (Don't shoot the messenger.) This is unfortunate, yes, and ideally HubSpot should not allow setting bounced contacts to marketing contacts. For the current month, there isn't anything you can do.

In the future, I'd recommend using the contact index page's filters (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) to set contacts to marketing contacts after excluding hard bounces, unsubscribes, invalid email addresses, contacts without email addresses.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IRayner
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply. Spent 2 hours on chat with them yesterday, and they would not set those contacts back to non-marketing. So, now I have two mailings delayed by a month!

I am so close to going back to spreadsheets and gmail!

0 Upvotes