Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting Started with Playbooks - Service Hub ‌📚‌

Hey Community, 

Did you know that customer service playbooks can improve your customer experience and create a world-class team of support agents?

A customer service playbook is a document used to outline best practices and guidance on how to resolve customer cases and onboard new reps. 

Each member of your customer service team has different needs from a new hire to your rep with a 90+ NPS. Keeping track of their needs can be complex as your customer service team scales, but it doesn’t have to be that way when you use playbooks!

When it comes to building a customer service playbook, you’ll want to keep these questions in mind: What are we hoping to achieve? How should customer agents prioritize cases? What are our support metrics? 

kvonloesecke_0-1653404623210.png

Here are some common uses cases for customer service playbooks to get you started:

• Soundbites: Create a document of handy soundbites that can be used on the phone or in email communications. 
  • Call Outline: Use bullet points to guide reps through troubleshooting conversations and ensure they get all the information they need to investigate. 
  • Onboarding: Help new hires get comfortable talking to customers by outlining customer service techniques. Include transcriptions of customer calls in the playbook.
  • Best Practices & Guidance: Build a library of best practices and guidance on specific customer cases. 
  • Product Support: Create troubleshooting guides that reps can reference at any time. 

Important note, these are examples of customer service playbooks. Each team will have its own playbooks depending on its processes and sales code. 

Share your playbook use cases below, or new ideas you’re looking to use them for.

Interested in learning more? Check out these resources to continue learning about playbooks

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
3 Replies 3
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi Kristen,

I'm excited to see Playbooks are now available in Professional (previously Enterprise only) so our first Playbook is the Qualification Call that I use when meeting a new lead for the first time. Previously I filled out a PDF form on my iPad and the information never really makes it into HubSpot in an easy to access way. 

So, the plan is to replace the PDF Form with a Playbook.

We've got other clients that Playbooks will help... happy to add examples as we work on them.

Cheers

Mike

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great example, @Mike_Eastwood! I'm glad to hear that you'll be able to replace the PDF with the playbook 🙂 

Cheers,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's get this conversation about playbook use cases started!

Hi @Olivia_Bagnall@warrendavey@Mike_Eastwood@Josh@Phil_Vallender@Bryantworks,@webdew  - Do you have any customer service playbook use cases or a customer-facing role playbook idea you would like to share with the Community? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes