Calling

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting Started with Call Transcription & Coaching - Sales Hub 🎧

Hey Community,

Have you ever ended a phone call with a prospect or customer and tried to remember everything you talked about? Or maybe are wondering if you could have used a better selling technique? Or perhaps you’re trying to make sense of your notes? 

Call Transcription and Coaching can help! With call transcription & coaching in Sales Hub, every call between your team and your prospects & customers is automatically captured in your CRM.  

What are the benefits of call transcription & coaching? 

• Keep a record of all customer calls: Refer back to an important call at any time for follow-up or training purposes.
  • Improve customer experience: Learn about your audience and communicate back with your internal team on how to improve the buyer’s journey.
  • Search and scan for specific information: Transcribed conversations make it easy for managers and reps to search for highlights, keywords, and phrases.
  • Use transcriptions for coaching: Host a movie night with your team to listen to what a sales rep should say (and should not say) during a call. 
  • Professional development: Listen to your calls to identify areas for improvement and strengths. 
  • Onboarding new hires: Call transcriptions are like scripts for new team members. They help new hires learn sales tactics and for managers to provide feedback during the onboarding process. 

Share your call transcription & coaching use cases below, or new ideas you’re looking to use them for. 

Do you want to get started? Check out these resources to set up call transcription & coaching and learn more: 

To get started, you’ll need to be using one of the following - 

• Calling in HubSpot (with a HubSpot-provided phone number to activate the ability to receive inbound calls) 
  • Zoom integrated with HubSpot (be sure to check the box to sync data from recordings and transcripts on the integration settings page) 
  • Another third party calling tool that supports transcripts and is integrated with HubSpot 

Once you are set up, learn how to review calls in HubSpot, or on a mobile device

Learn more about best practices in our Academy lesson on Conversation Intelligence

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
9 Replies 9
deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Hi Community,
I have found one of the best use cases of this in the Hubspot reporting. By adding the selected tracked terms we can see the count of the contacts has used these terms also the contact owner for the specified terms.
We can build such reports in Reports> Custom Reports> Select Calls and Contacts.
Adding a sample pic of the Report and Knowledge base article.
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/report-on-tracked-terms-in-call-transcripts

deepikaverma_0-1655293436667.png
 Thank you.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is great, @deepikaverma!

Thanks for sharing your use case with us! 

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for the tag @MiaSrebrnjak! This is a great addition to the Hubs for sure. Nice run down of features and ideas, @kvlschaefer

At Impulse Creative we're already using a third-party solution, but is very similar. The best benefit I've seen is that it can help you see trends like sales folks talking more than listening. You can also pick up on prospects using a partiucular phrase that reframes your solution and helps you talk about it with real-world language rather than jargon. So yeah, this recording and coaching feature in HubSpot is legit for sure. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
KSenette4
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I love the Call Intelligence features in Sale Hub. When I started selling and was on an SDR team, I was fortunate enough to work for a manager that prioritized coaching. We really would have benefited from having tools like this rather than listening to Vonage recordings 😂

I made a couple of videos recently with some ideas on how to use Call Intelligence in your coaching motions. More specifically, how you can leverage Tracked Terms, which are still gated in the Enterprise tiers of Sales/Service hub.

Go forth and conquer, Sales Teams!

Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Hi @karen Senette4,
Thank you for adding these videos these are super helpful.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coaching is essential! 👩‍🏫

Thank you for sharing the videos @KSenette4, they're very helpful! 👍

Cheers
Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

As a non-sales person who implemented the CRM for the sales team, I was always perplexed why the call notes were so brief when the box opens for notes as soon as you start the call. 🤔

Why couldn't they all type 200+ words a minute and talk and type at the same time? or recap the entire call afterward as other teams could.

I realized the key difference between someone focused on providing key customer information to sales (like training our admin/front desk or service teams), the difference was engagement with the call.

In service/support roles, you're intaking information, and documenting a conversation is part of your job.

In sales, you're actively engaging a prospect and your goal for the phone call is entirely different.

I do not doubt that call transcription will remove friction and provide greater transparency for sales teams to be successful. Not to mention sales would no longer have to rely on their memory to make up for poor note-taking which would result in improved customer delight in subsequent interactions.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great point! 👍

@Jnix284  schrieb:

In service/support roles, you're intaking information, and documenting a conversation is part of your job.

In sales, you're actively engaging a prospect and your goal for the phone call is entirely different.

Creating engament during a sales calls is not an easy task, as the prospect is usually less inclined to share information with you as on a support/service call, where you share a common goal. Thank you for this insight @Jnix284!

This makes Call Transcription even more valuable & helpful. 🙂 

Cheers
Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great stuff @kvlschaefer, thank you for sharing! 

I started my HubSpot career in Sales and this would make coaching so much easier! 

Hi @danmoyle@Jnix284@Ben_M@johnelmer@GeorgeBThomas@HubDoPete, I know you're interested in the new Sales & Service features 🙂 

Are you already using Call Transcription? How do you like it? 

Thanks!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team