Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Arefin
Participant

Creating or hiding contact list for different teams/members

Hi, I urgently need this help. Can anyone tell me how can I hide or make separate contact lists for separate teams or group members? In this way, the teams will see only their assigned contact lists when they open their HubSpot so that they don't get confused about which contacts they have to work with. But the Admin or the Sales Head will be able to see all the contact lists whenever he wants. 

Please please help me out with this. This would be really helpful for me. Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ShahKamran
Participant

Hi there, I had another scenario regarding this:

• John & Mark are both in the "North America Team"
  • And they both have respective contacts assigned to them
  • When they open up the contact list do they only see the contacts they were assigned? or all of them?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ShahKamran ,

I think that will be depending on what kind of permission John and Mark have.

For example, if John has "Team only" permission, then he should be able to see Mark's contacts because Mark's contacts are owned by North America Team. If Mark has "Owned only" permission, he can only view his own contacts and not John's contacts.

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @Arefin !

I found that List partitioning (assign lists to specific users/teams) is currently a beta feature that is available for the Enterprise subscription. And I'm afraid this isn't opened for Free, Starter and Professional.

That said, I'd recommend adjusting users' Object access from [⚙ > Users and Teams > Click on user name > CRM > Object access]. If you change the permission level to Team only or Owned only, the user will only be able to view/edit/delete the ones they are allowed to do so. This setting will affect to list as well.

Settings.png

Arefin
Participant

Hi, thanks a lot for your help. Now can you please suggest to me how can I separate contact lists for different teams in the free version?

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arefin 

So you will need to ①create teams and distribute it to the users, ②set each user permission to "Team only", then ③create a list with "HubSpot Team" filter. By doing this, users will still be able to view any lists but can only see the contacts that are assigned to their team.

For example:

1. You create 3 teams- North America Team, APAC Team and EMEA Team
  2. You assign John to North America Team
  3. You create a list with this filter : "Contact property HubSpot Team is any of North America Team"
  4. John is able to view all of the contacts of this list because these contacts' owners are from North America Team
  5. If you create a list with this filter "Contact property HubSpot Team is any of APAC Team", John is still able to open this list but cannot view contacts because these contacts' owners are from APAC Team

Hope this clarifies.