Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

phyllisrush

Best practices on B2B newsletter frequency

SOLVE

We are a B2B SaaS software company. We have two email newsletters we want to send out. One is a general marketing email newsletter, with our latest blog posts, eBooks, and Case Studies. The other one is a product update newsletter. Clients and prospects can sign up for both newsletters independently, or they can sign up to get both. We are worried about spacing out the different email newsletters, not wanting them to go out too close to each other so we don't get a lot of unsubscribes from people who subscribed to both categories. Any advice on a recommended frequency we can get by with? We had thought about once a month for each and doing them two weeks apart. Thoughts if they happen to be closer together than that?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phyllisrush,

This depends on the content and target group. The email frequency could for example also be much higher as long as it's useful and considered helpful by the recipients.

Generally, I'd try to stick to a regular cadence, aiming for the same week of the month and spacing them out evenly (two weeks apart as you mentioned or weekly). I would avoid sending two emails per week.

There are probably data on this but generally I'd recommend going with what feels right. Put yourself into the shoes of the recipients and ask yourself critically if you'd like these emails as soon as needed but not on a regular cadence – or if you'd prefer them to arrive in your inbox the same time each month. Same goes for frequency: If you would not open a weekly email consistently, you shouldn't be sending it on a weekly basis.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phyllisrush,

This depends on the content and target group. The email frequency could for example also be much higher as long as it's useful and considered helpful by the recipients.

Generally, I'd try to stick to a regular cadence, aiming for the same week of the month and spacing them out evenly (two weeks apart as you mentioned or weekly). I would avoid sending two emails per week.

There are probably data on this but generally I'd recommend going with what feels right. Put yourself into the shoes of the recipients and ask yourself critically if you'd like these emails as soon as needed but not on a regular cadence – or if you'd prefer them to arrive in your inbox the same time each month. Same goes for frequency: If you would not open a weekly email consistently, you shouldn't be sending it on a weekly basis.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.