Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AmyLou
Top Contributor

Adding Contracts and Proposals to Deals

SOLVE

Hello!

I'd love to find out what everyone is using to add contracts and proposals to their deals as well as what is deemed best practices in this case.  Are you attaching the documents to your deals in HubSpot or using another program like PandaDoc that is then integrated with your HubSpot?

I'd love to hear opinions and comments on this. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AmyLou,

I'd say there are a lot of answers here. Here's what we most commonly see:

• Using existing contract documents and uploading executed versions to the deal as an attachment
    • This is ideal for contracts going out in smaller numbers
  • Using the quotes within HubSpot which include the contract verbiage
    • This is ideal for higher volume contracts which don't require extensive contract language or complexity
      • You can take advantage of snippets to build-out your terms verbiage in the terms section; for example, you can have a snippet for payment terms, confidentiality, assignment of contract, etc. Note: you are limited by character count.
  • PandaDoc is a great choice for higher volumes but yet still extensive or if you want to pull HubSpot data directly into your contracts to save time and reduce error

I'm curious to hear some other folks thoughts on this as well!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AmyLou 

I agree with @Josh on this. All three are what I would suggest, but I also have clients that like creating a deal property where they can just drop a link to the executed invoice/proposals from systems like FreshBooks.

No matter what you implement make sure there is a documented process that everyone is following to keep deal data consistent and clean!

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
SiddharthGarg91
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @AmyLou ,

We recently launched an app called CloudFiles which makes it much easier to attach files directly to deal records, get a trackable link that you can send to clients and track analytics / automate using workflows.

It's available on the HubSpot marketplace if you'd like to give it a try.

Thanks 

AmyLou
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for your comments. It's pretty much what I thought but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't a better way that I was missing.

Kind Regards

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

0 Upvotes
dianalcont

SOLVE

@AmyLou I just came across another way!

Have you seen this? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/customizing-hubspot-using-crm-cards-api-jack-coldrick/?trackingId=mtD...

You can create custom cards in your records via API - If you have a dev team or feel comfortable working with the API this might be another solution to consider.

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AmyLou 

I agree with @Josh on this. All three are what I would suggest, but I also have clients that like creating a deal property where they can just drop a link to the executed invoice/proposals from systems like FreshBooks.

No matter what you implement make sure there is a documented process that everyone is following to keep deal data consistent and clean!

Best,

Diana

Diana Contreras
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AmyLou,

I'd say there are a lot of answers here. Here's what we most commonly see:

• Using existing contract documents and uploading executed versions to the deal as an attachment
    • This is ideal for contracts going out in smaller numbers
  • Using the quotes within HubSpot which include the contract verbiage
    • This is ideal for higher volume contracts which don't require extensive contract language or complexity
      • You can take advantage of snippets to build-out your terms verbiage in the terms section; for example, you can have a snippet for payment terms, confidentiality, assignment of contract, etc. Note: you are limited by character count.
  • PandaDoc is a great choice for higher volumes but yet still extensive or if you want to pull HubSpot data directly into your contracts to save time and reduce error

I'm curious to hear some other folks thoughts on this as well!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AmyLou 

Thank you for sharing your question in the Community:)

I will tag in some other Community contributors for the discussion: @AdamLPW , @Josh and @dianalcont , could you share your experiences/ideas on this?