Tickets & Conversations

joenunez

Time In {Ticket Status} Not Working

SOLVE

I have a pipeline for adding users to a platform that we're tracking as a ticket with a changing ticket status. I'd like to generate a report that shows how long tickets spend in a particular status on average over time, which I tried to do by plotting a line graph with Average (Time in {ticket status}) as a y axis over create date as the x axis. However, the plot generated is a flat line at 0, and when I inspect the source data, the Time in {ticket status} is "-" for every ticket, and I know some of the tickets have spent some time in that ticket status. This happens for every ticket status I try. Am I misunderstanding how the "Time in {ticket status}" data source works. The screenshot below shows my settings. I also tried adding a filter for "Time in {ticket status}" > 0, but that made it return zero tickets.Screenshot 2020-11-06 170839.png

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @joenunez,

Have these 'Time in' properties been created by you or another team member? (You can double check by going to settings > Properties > Filter by: Ticket properties and finding the property. If it doesn't say HubSpot in the Created by column, someone from your portal has set this up.)

I'm asking because at the moment there isn't HubSpot any native property for 'Time in' for tickets, see here. (Although there might be a chance that you have access to a beta for something new and I do not.)

Currently, I think there is only one workaround, using workflows (which are only available in Professional and Enterprise):

Create custom date picker properties for each ticket status

Ticket status 'New' date

Ticket status 'Waiting on contact' date

Ticket status 'Waiting on us' date

Ticket status 'Closed' date

Create custom calculation properties to calculate the time between the date properties created above

Time in 'New' ticket stage

Time in 'Waiting on contact' stage

Time in 'Waiting on us' stage

ticket-calculation.png

Create ticket-based workflows for each date property, setting a date stamp

ticket-timestamp.png

Now, when a New ticket is created, the workflow will set a date stamp. Once the ticket moves into the Waiting on contact, a new date stamp will be set and the Time in 'New' ticket stage property will calculate. Same logic applies to the other ticket statuses. Time between is measured in days which allows for building reports and visualizing how many days a ticket spends on average in each stage.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey joenunez,

We have an app called Timerman that would solve your problem! It tracks how long your tickets spend in each stage and adds them as properties. You could use these properties in your report. Check it out here.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help setting up. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
tabb

SOLVE

I, unfortunately, have not had any luck in being able to create a time in status in tickets either.  Hopefully, someone comes up with another idea.

0 Upvotes
joenunez

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler, thanks for your reply. When I looked in the properties list, none of the "Time in {status}" properties showed up at all.  I reopened the report to look at it, and the property is now just called "hs_time_in_6267746" (this name doesn't appear in the properties list either), and no "Time in {status}" properties appear when I search the data sources in the report, so I'm quite puzzled as to what's going on there. The report is marked Beta, so it's possible that I was looking at a beta feature which has been turned off since my post.  I will try your suggestion of creating a custom property to achieve the same result.

SarahX
Contributor

SOLVE

I really hope that the mysterious beta report means it will be an available feature soon! I really need this!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @joenunez,

Have these 'Time in' properties been created by you or another team member? (You can double check by going to settings > Properties > Filter by: Ticket properties and finding the property. If it doesn't say HubSpot in the Created by column, someone from your portal has set this up.)

I'm asking because at the moment there isn't HubSpot any native property for 'Time in' for tickets, see here. (Although there might be a chance that you have access to a beta for something new and I do not.)

Currently, I think there is only one workaround, using workflows (which are only available in Professional and Enterprise):

Create custom date picker properties for each ticket status

Ticket status 'New' date

Ticket status 'Waiting on contact' date

Ticket status 'Waiting on us' date

Ticket status 'Closed' date

Create custom calculation properties to calculate the time between the date properties created above

Time in 'New' ticket stage

Time in 'Waiting on contact' stage

Time in 'Waiting on us' stage

ticket-calculation.png

Create ticket-based workflows for each date property, setting a date stamp

ticket-timestamp.png

Now, when a New ticket is created, the workflow will set a date stamp. Once the ticket moves into the Waiting on contact, a new date stamp will be set and the Time in 'New' ticket stage property will calculate. Same logic applies to the other ticket statuses. Time between is measured in days which allows for building reports and visualizing how many days a ticket spends on average in each stage.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AGreen95
Participant

SOLVE

Hey team, I am implementing something I think can account for the 'time in ticket stage' issue here. I'd love some feedback before we go live... 
1. Create a custom number property called 'time in status'
2. Create a workflow with enrollment trigger (with re-enrollment turned on) of 'ticket status is known' with two actions: clear the time in ticket status field, and enroll in the next workflow
3. This is a scheduled workflow to run every morning. The enrollment trigger is Time in stage is known. And the action is 'increase time in status property by 1'

0 Upvotes
DAndrione
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten

Great solution! 🙂

Can we measure the "time between" in hours:minutes?

0 Upvotes
AnaWilliam

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten for your help

0 Upvotes