Tickets & Conversations

jitendrak

Support system setup on Microsoft Distribution List

SOLVE

Hello Everyone, I have an email address support@myorg.com, which I want to use as my support email for creating the ticket. This email address is not regular email but a distribution list in MS. Is it possible to use that as a team email to setup under conversations? 

Any help would highly be appreciated.

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jitendrak 

You can't use a distribution list as a support inbox in HubSpot since there actually needs to be an inbox behind the address for it to work. 

It is recommended to use an actual licensed seat, but it can also work with a shared inbox once you set a login password on it - as described here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange/shared-mailbox-can-have-a-password-and-login-enabled...

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jitendrak 

You can't use a distribution list as a support inbox in HubSpot since there actually needs to be an inbox behind the address for it to work. 

It is recommended to use an actual licensed seat, but it can also work with a shared inbox once you set a login password on it - as described here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange/shared-mailbox-can-have-a-password-and-login-enabled...

Hope this helps?

jitendrak

SOLVE

Thanks Phil for the reply. Sadly, MS doesn't allow the password anymore for shared mailbox. It is also mentioned on the same thread you have shared. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Ah shame - still, it was always a workaround. 

belgardandy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil, 

I have this exact same question. I found this article explaining 365 Outlook Groups vs Shared Mailbox. Which one does hubspot recommend for best functionality?

0 Upvotes