Tickets & Conversations

JKohlmeier
Contributor

Autoresponder when ticket is created

SOLVE

Hi friends -

I've gotten stuck on something that I expected to be easy as I wade into Service Hub.

I'm looking to set up an intial auto response when a ticket is created. Right now if someone emails our info@ address it creates a ticket. When that ticket is first created I want to send a "Thanks for contacting, we got your email, we try to respond to all emails in so many hours, etc." message.

I tried to set up a ticket -based workflow that sends an email based on ticket pipeline stage which works kind of. But the person contacting us has to be a marketing contact already since it's sending a marketing email tempale (maybe this was the wrong path, but I couldn't find a better one in initial searches.)

I also ran into an issue with the auto response went to the contact's main email, even when the ticket originated from a secondary email.

(I emailed from my gmail address which is listed as a secondary address on my contact. So I got the thank you message at my work address - even though the ticket and the reply was associated with my gmail address.)

Hoping that someone has solved for this and can give me some direction. Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKohlmeier,

There are default ticket received and ticket closed email options in HubSpot, explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/customize-ticket-pipelines-and-statuses#automate-ticket-status...

The big benefit of using these instead of creating your own process is that they're sent as transactional emails, ignoring marketing contact status and unsubscribes.

Regarding your second point, this might happen if a later form submission updates the email of the contact. This can be switched off by enabling the "Always create new contact..." option in the Options tab of the form that creates the ticket. (This will however then create multiple contact records.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DiogoMC
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Is there a possibility of having this email in different language variations?

0 Upvotes
SMoyse
Participant

SOLVE

If you don't have the Transactional Email add-on, it's absolute BS that you have to set a Contact as a Marketing Contact and have them subscribed to a subscription type to send an auto-reply in response to a New Service Ticket. So many support customers will select Unsubscribe All at the bottom of marketing emails, then when they submit a support request via email they won't receive an auto response. 

AND you can't even automate resubscribing them via Workflows or the API in that scenario, since HS blocks you if they have explicitly unsubscribed. 

0 Upvotes
JKohlmeier
Contributor

SOLVE

A follow up question: It looks like you can't customize the transactional email on a per pipeline basis. We have multiple business units running through our account so it would be great to include the appropriate name in the transactional email, but that would be different depending on which pipeline they're running through.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKohlmeier,

There are default ticket received and ticket closed email options in HubSpot, explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/customize-ticket-pipelines-and-statuses#automate-ticket-status...

The big benefit of using these instead of creating your own process is that they're sent as transactional emails, ignoring marketing contact status and unsubscribes.

Regarding your second point, this might happen if a later form submission updates the email of the contact. This can be switched off by enabling the "Always create new contact..." option in the Options tab of the form that creates the ticket. (This will however then create multiple contact records.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JKohlmeier
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Karsten! This is exactly what I was missing.

0 Upvotes