Tickets & Conversations

SRS1

Automatic deal association to ticket

SOLVE

Does anyone know of a way to automatically associate a deal to a ticket? Specifically, if the contact has a deal associated to it, is there a way to copy that association onto the ticket for that contact?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRS1,

When you're creating a ticket manually, there is an option to include a deal association field. Navigate to Settings > Objects > Tickets > Setup > Customize the 'Create ticket form' and Deals checkbox:

karstenkoehler_0-1678340012226.png

HubSpot will still not associate the records automatically but you have the option to associate right at the creation.

If you're creating tickets via workflow (using the Create record action), there is also an option to automatically associate the ticket to the deals associated to the enrolled contact.

For any additional rules that you'd like to currently apply, you would need custom code actions (available in Operations Hub Professional) or a third-party solution.

If you're creating tickets via another means entirely, please let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
KRi23
Participant

SOLVE

When creating a ticket from a deal, the deal is automatically associated - but not the company.

When I then want to associate a company, I need to search for it from the field -> wouldn't it be more straightforward to already propose the company which is associated to the deal?

0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @SRS1,

I'm David from the hapily support team! We have a HubSpot app called Associ8 that would solve your problem. It associates two objects together based on shared values in their respective properties. Which properties? Whichever ones you choose!

If you want to see how Associ8 works you can read this blog post or look at its HubSpot Marketplace page.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

@karstenkoehler 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRS1,

When you're creating a ticket manually, there is an option to include a deal association field. Navigate to Settings > Objects > Tickets > Setup > Customize the 'Create ticket form' and Deals checkbox:

karstenkoehler_0-1678340012226.png

HubSpot will still not associate the records automatically but you have the option to associate right at the creation.

If you're creating tickets via workflow (using the Create record action), there is also an option to automatically associate the ticket to the deals associated to the enrolled contact.

For any additional rules that you'd like to currently apply, you would need custom code actions (available in Operations Hub Professional) or a third-party solution.

If you're creating tickets via another means entirely, please let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SRS1

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

We do already have the Deal association toggled on for tickets. Our tickets are created automatically through the inbox -> pipeline feature but I'll look into the Create Record option in the workflows. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi, @SRS1 ,

It might be beneficial to step back and think about why you want to associate those objects. Is it because you want to see those in the same place, for reporting purposes or anything else?

Hubspot has a new feature called Cards that can show you associations and different properties from across various objects within the same place. Maybe that's something to consider.

Also, for the historic data, maybe exporting the data and some manual work can do the job. Going forward, you can create a workflow when a ticket is created, a deal to be automatically created or vice-versa. Again, it depends on why you need this association. The more context you can provide, the more relevant suggestions the community can come up with. 🙂

I hope this helps,

Eli

Problem solver @ crmsquad

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

SRS1

SOLVE

Thanks Eli I"ll look into the Cards.

We use a deal to represent a specific account, both during the sales process and then for support after launch of our product. We want to have the deal associated to a ticket for tracking purposes and support data. 

We want to see ticket data for individuals (Contacts) but also see the ticket data at the next level up (Deals).

0 Upvotes
elizheleva

SOLVE

Hi @SRS1 ,

thank you for the clarification. May I ask what you use the Company object for in this case? This is often the one used for Accounts and has associations to the Deals and Tickets.

Thanks,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

SRS1

SOLVE

Hi Eli,

We use the Company object as the top level of our structure. So one Company may have multiple Deals associated to it, but each Deal is treated pretty individually.

0 Upvotes