Tickets & Conversations

RSwitonski
Contributor

Assigning Tickets To A User During Specific Times

SOLVE

Hi there.

We currently have a 3rd party manage some tickets for us when we are closed for the evening.

I have an automation written that assigns tickets + contact to this user so that they can respond to the ticket without seeing our whole contact list.

Currently the automation is like so: 

RSwitonski_0-1653989167937.png

As you can see, it is triggered by a ticket being in "new", and I have set the workflow to only operate during specific hours.

I would rather it was triggered when a new ticket arrives. This will prevent a ticket that has already been responded to triggering the automation. Sometimes a ticket will have had a colleague respond but they leave it in New either deliberately or by accident.

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSwitonski,

Enrolling by the ticket status "New" should be equivalent to a ticket arriving – or is this different for you?

One way to prevent the assignment of tickets that have already been taken by the third party is to exclude certain tickets from enrollment, e.g.:

Ticket status is new AND Ticket owner is unknown

(That of course requires that the third party is also assigning tickets to themselves and not leaves tickets unassigned.)

An alternative would be setting up a second workflow which assigns tickets to the third party after working hours (again excluding tickets which are already assigned).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSwitonski,

Enrolling by the ticket status "New" should be equivalent to a ticket arriving – or is this different for you?

One way to prevent the assignment of tickets that have already been taken by the third party is to exclude certain tickets from enrollment, e.g.:

Ticket status is new AND Ticket owner is unknown

(That of course requires that the third party is also assigning tickets to themselves and not leaves tickets unassigned.)

An alternative would be setting up a second workflow which assigns tickets to the third party after working hours (again excluding tickets which are already assigned).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.