Tickets & Conversations

KristenC

Assign Pipeline Based on Inbox

SOLVE

Hi, 

We have multiple service pipelines based on the level of support they have signed up for. We have set up multiple conversation inboxes to separate those levels. We are trying to have each inbox assign the tickets to a specific pipeline rather than to just the same one. Is there a way to do this with automation?

Thanks,
Kristen

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KristenC,

Thanks for posting, this is a use case that makes a lot of sense. I first thought this wasn't possible but @HGilpin found an option deeply buried in the settings, please give him an upvote below.

Navigate to Settings > Inboxes

karstenkoehler_0-1625754597108.png

Select your inbox under "Current view"

karstenkoehler_1-1625754607177.png

Hover your mouse over the form and click the "Edit" button

karstenkoehler_2-1625754619217.png

Click Edit ticket

karstenkoehler_3-1625754632456.png

Select the Ticket pipeline

karstenkoehler_4-1625754641847.png

Alternatively, you could also work with a ticket-based workflow, using the action 'Set property value' and changing the property value of 'Ticket pipeline and status' to your desired pipeline. (All pipelines should show up in a dropdown.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
HGilpin
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

>  When creating/editing inboxes or connecting/editing channels, it's not possible to select specific pipelines.

You actualy CAN assign different FORMS to different pipelines. Here's the knowledge base article on this, goto manage and edit your connected forms.  It is possible and just really buried.

Here is what we did.  We are doing this to separate brands. So Brand A service form goes to Brand A pipeline and B form goes to B pipeline, etc.

1. create the inbox "brand A service inbox"

2. create the pipeline "brand A service"

3. create the form "brand A service form" and link it to the "brand A service inbox" when you create the form (under options)

4. goto settings> conversations>inboxes.  

a) next to "current view" select "brand A service inbox"

b) You should see your connected form listed (if not you can "connect channel" to connect it)

c) hover over the form name, and click edit

d) next to "treat invcoming tickets as support tickets" click edit ticket.  

e) THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN ASSIGN WHATEVER PIPELINE YOU WANT.  and other ticket properties. 

buried, but powerful. good luck!

danielpena
Participant

SOLVE

It worked for me! Thank you very much! 🙂 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KristenC,

Thanks for posting, this is a use case that makes a lot of sense. I first thought this wasn't possible but @HGilpin found an option deeply buried in the settings, please give him an upvote below.

Navigate to Settings > Inboxes

karstenkoehler_0-1625754597108.png

Select your inbox under "Current view"

karstenkoehler_1-1625754607177.png

Hover your mouse over the form and click the "Edit" button

karstenkoehler_2-1625754619217.png

Click Edit ticket

karstenkoehler_3-1625754632456.png

Select the Ticket pipeline

karstenkoehler_4-1625754641847.png

Alternatively, you could also work with a ticket-based workflow, using the action 'Set property value' and changing the property value of 'Ticket pipeline and status' to your desired pipeline. (All pipelines should show up in a dropdown.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DHuffman

SOLVE

This is not working for me. 

I'm trying to assign a pipeline to a form I created. I create a new channel, select the form, but I don't see where to assign the pipeline. 

Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
DHuffman

SOLVE

aha - figured it out!

0 Upvotes
BNagel
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler

I am currently trying to utilize this workaround for one of my Pipelines. I created a ticket-based workflow, but am confused as to what my enrollment trigger would be? I cannot find anything under Activity such as "sent an email to" or anything that could identify an email coming to a certain Inbox should be moved to the desired pipeline.

0 Upvotes