Social Tools

EKwok
Participant

View analytics of posts made outside of Hubspot

SOLVE

Is there a way to see analytics from posts that I made in LinkedIn, not Hubspot? Sometimes I end up posting from LinkedIn because I need to tag individual people. That post doesn't get captured on Hubspot. This ruins my ability to get an accurate read of my activity in Hubspot.

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EKwok,

Yes, you can access some of that information through the Analyze tab: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/social/analyze-social-reports

When you click About the charts on the upper right of the screen, HubSpot will show you a tooltip and let you know whether the report includes posts created outside of HubSpot as well:

karstenkoehler_0-1623420985582.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EKwok ,

I'm afraid we can only report in HubSpot on LinkedIn posts made within HubSpot. I understand the limitation with this is is due to the inability to tag individual people when creating posts through HS but unfortunately due to API limitations we are unable to workaround this.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EKwok ,

I'm afraid we can only report in HubSpot on LinkedIn posts made within HubSpot. I understand the limitation with this is is due to the inability to tag individual people when creating posts through HS but unfortunately due to API limitations we are unable to workaround this.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

EKwok
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, that works great for our company profile, but I have some individual profiles linked to Hubspot as well and none of my anaytics show up for that. Is there a setting I need to change?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EKwok,

Yes, you can access some of that information through the Analyze tab: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/social/analyze-social-reports

When you click About the charts on the upper right of the screen, HubSpot will show you a tooltip and let you know whether the report includes posts created outside of HubSpot as well:

karstenkoehler_0-1623420985582.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EKwok,

When you post from HubSpot, the tool automatically creates a tracking URL. When you do not post from HubSpot, you can still create those tracking URLs – it's just that you have to do it manually.

This can be done with the tracking URL builder in HubSpot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url

If website visitors come to your page via a tracking URL and convert, HubSpot will be able to attribute this interaction back to the social post (assuming they accepted the website cookies).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

EKwok
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, is there a way to see how the post itself is doing on Hubspot? Some of my posts don't direct people to our website, but we still want to be able to see how they're doing.

0 Upvotes