Service Hub Onboarding

MLawson1
Participant

Extract image from Ticket to Zapier

SOLVE

Hi, I am working with Tickets in Hubspot, and I need to create a ShortCut Story (ShortCut is similar to Asana, Clickup, etc) from a ticket.  Unfortunately the inline images are provided to Zapier in the description field with a [CID:image001.png@######.######] and this is useless outside of HubSpot.   How can I transform that or get the actual URL to that image?

1 Accepted solution
MLawson1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

OK thanks, at least we are now aware of this limitation, that pasted/inline images cannot be accessed outside of Hubspot.

Annoyance is not really the issue, as much as overlooking or missing data when reviewing an issue, which can cause delays and misinformation.  Also, making Engineering go to another system (Hubspot) versus the suite of systems they already use, is more steps and overhead that can lead to that, as well.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MLawson1 

We recently created a Custom Integration, for a client, that reads the Attachments (images) from HubSpot Custom Objects. The code requires an API call to get the Object (in your case a Ticket), then a second API call to get the Attachments. 

Another gotcha - the images are not (and should not be) publicly accessible so we needed to create a third API call to render a temporary link to download the file.

I would be surprised if Zapier (or any similar services) could extract the image from the Ticket.

Happy to discuss to see if there's another way to solve this.

Cheers

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @kvlschaefer 

MLawson1
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Mike_Eastwood , Thanks for the reply!  Attachments work fine for us, it is the inline images that are a problem.

Our workflow is coming in from a Chat (Conversation) where a customer may "paste" an image into the dialogs.  Thos turn into inline images in the conversation.  At some point then we may transform that into a Ticket for triage.  If diagnosed as a bug, then to Shortcut (i.e. like Jira).  

Thinking outside the box, another solution could be if there is any way to convert inline images from a Conversation to attachments on a Ticket? (since attachements work)

Would this be possible, or using the workflow above, any way to get pasted items into an attachment format?  Another idea; can we disable "pasting" images into the Conversations, and force them to attach?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @MLawson1 

I can't see any way of handling the pasted images.

Technically you can probably disable pasting, but that will annoy your users more than inline images annoy your team.

My assumption is the pasted image URL will not be public even if you can fish it out of the browser.

Sorry, can't really help you.

Mike

MLawson1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

OK thanks, at least we are now aware of this limitation, that pasted/inline images cannot be accessed outside of Hubspot.

Annoyance is not really the issue, as much as overlooking or missing data when reviewing an issue, which can cause delays and misinformation.  Also, making Engineering go to another system (Hubspot) versus the suite of systems they already use, is more steps and overhead that can lead to that, as well.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MLawson1,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to add our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any ideas.

Hi @HubDoPete@MandyDROS@JBeatty - Do you have any insight or recommendations for @MLawson1?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
MLawson1
Participant

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer any updates on this?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MLawson1,

Thanks for reaching out for an update!

I'll add more expert to this conversations 🙂

Hey @Mike_Eastwood and @himanshurauthan - Can you think of a way to view HubSpot ticket images in Zapier or a way to sync over a URL?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
MLawson1
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for moving this along @kvlschaefer.  This is critical to our continued use of the Service feature provided by Hubspot, to be able to push the relevant customer data to the engineering systems.