Sales Integrations

RTanner
Participant

Multiple Line Items for Zapier

I'm working on  an automation via Zapier where once a deal has entered  "x" stage, a draft order is created in Shopify.

I'm almost there except for one thing - this only works for single-line items. As soon as there are multiple line items associated with this deal, this automation won't work. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
OBeev
Participant

I'm trying to do something similar (to create an invoice and rather than an order). However, from what I understood, Loop by Zapier allows you to execute several action for each of your line_item
(some documentations here : https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496106701453#about-looping-by-zapier-s-integration-0-0 )

That mean that you can programm one draft order (or invoice in my case) for each of your line_items and not execute action for each and next group them all to make one draft order. saddly

0 Upvotes
Britton_Tripp
Participant

@OBeev I'm a little late to the party here, so not sure if this will help you or not.  I made a similar zap using the loop tool to make a quickbooks estimate a while back.

Maybe it's close to what you want to do? 

We use a tool called Qwilr for our quotes that integrates with Hubspot.  

It's been a while since I made this, but if memory serves correctly, I did something like - 

- First add the deal_id as a token to the Qwilr Quote so that it comes through Zapier when the quote is accepted by a customer. 

In Zapier
- find deal by the id. 
- Find the line items associated to that deal. 
- Format a comma deliminated list of those line item ids for the loop tool to process. 
- Add the Loop tool and enter the line item list. 
- Add a loop step that finds the line item by its id and gives back the SKU (this assumes your product SKUs in Hubspot match what you have in your accounting tool) 
- Add a loop step that appends your first SKU value to a scheduled digest. 
- Repeat the last step for any other values you want to store in a list that came through the step that finds the line item.  It should pull through line item price, description, product name etc. 
- Add a filter for Loop iteration = last (this lets us know when to continue once it's done with the list or when to continue looping). 
- Add a customer lookup for whatever accounting software you're using (Quickbooks for us).  If none is found there should be an option to create one. 
- Add a step to release the digested lists for each of the items you stored above (SKUs, Descriptions, Product Names, Prices, etc.) 
- Once you have released the lists, you can add the estimate step from Quickbooks.  Again, not sure if you're using Quickbooks or not, but hopefully whatever you're using can deal with comma separated lists of each of these items.  
- Last thing I did was update the associated deal to closed won.  Some might not want to do that until payment is actually received though.  

Hope this helps.  Again, not sure what all you got going on, but maybe some of this is applicable and makes sense to you.  Just be aware that this kind of Zap can be really hungry on the tasks since each loop step counts toward your monthly cap.  

Peace!

-Britton

RTanner
Participant

Amazing, thank you so much!

I'll work on creating this now with Xero and report back if it works. 

Britton_Tripp
Participant

This method would also likely work with your shopify issue, as well.  Assuming that the action for creating a shopify order can accept a list of items instead of just one at a time.  Otherwise it may be a bit tougher.  I'm not familiar with what's available with shopify though.

----

Just found this thread on zapiers forums: https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/add-multiple-products-with-create-order-in-shopify-action-99...

It appears that it works the exact same way as quickbooks.  You just have to format your list properly and deliver it to the right field(s) in the zap step.

Best of luck out there!

-Britton

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @Britton_Tripp ! 😄 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RTanner,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'll add some Zapier experts to our conversation - @Kevin-C@HubDoPete@MandyDROS@Bryantworks - do you have any insight for @RTanner?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

Hi @RTanner 

Zapier only processes flat data in a zap sequence, but what you describe might be possible by looping through the HubSpot deal line items. I have not tried this use case of looping through line items on a HubSpot deal but that is where I would start. See https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/loop-your-zap-actions

If you get time to build and test your use case I would love to know if it delivers

cheers

Pete

RTanner
Participant

Hi Pete,

Thanks for this!

I've done a bit of testing, and so far no luck. I'll try it a couple more times to see if I can get this to work and let you know.

PatrickH429
Participant

Hi @RTanner did you manage to figure this out?

I am trying to do the same - in Zapier, get the multiple line items that are added/associated with a deal record in Hubspot.