Sales Integrations

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

How to sync a Hubspot field to a field that is on both contacts and leads in salesforce?

I have fields on our salesforce lead records that "roll up" to the contact record when they are converted. (They are lead source type fields).

How do I sync on Hubspot field to the same field on the lead and contact object?

mrspabs_0-1657064798388.png

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
LaurenRyan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

How to sync a Hubspot field to a field that is on both contacts and leads in salesforce?

Hi @mrspabs! The API value of the Salesforce field will determine how it syncs through to HubSpot. If the field has the same API value on the Contact and Lead in Salesforce, you can sync it with one HubSpot property and it will sync with both objects in Salesforce.

For example, If you'd like to sync Lead Status to Contacts and Leads in Salesforce, set the name of the Field to Lead Status (API value = Lead_Status__c) in Salesforce for Leads and Contacts. Then, add a property to the sync in HubSpot for Lead Status & map to the Lead Status property in Salesforce. You'll see that you can only click on one of the two Lead Status fields in Salesforce from HubSpot. That's because they have the same API value so HubSpot sees them as the same property. 🙂

Hope this helps!

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mrspabs 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Aakar @MandyDROS @LaurenRyan  do you have any thought for @mrspabs on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes