Sales Hub Tools

katherineladue
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Reporting on Sales Goal per Line Item vs. Total Line Item Revenue

SOLVE

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else has any better ideas for this. My client has one section of their business that is for Sponsorship Sales, and they'll be creating each sponsorship package as a product/line item in HubSpot.

They have a set financial goal for the amount in sponsorship sales that will be made in a year, so they'd like to be able to see a report where they can view the total amount sold on a specific sponsorship package vs. the sponsorship sales goal. 

I don't think the actual Sales Goal functionality will work for this because the goal is not for specific reps, but rather per specific line items. So instead, I created a custom product property called "2022 Sales Goal".

I created a line items report that shows the line items measured by total quantity, total net price, and then the *maximum* (rather than total) for the custom sales goal property. Leaving it as "total" obviously adds up the amount in the sales goal property by the number of line items sold.

I can't think of any other way to display it other than selecting "Maximum" on that specific data column, but I'm wondering if someone else has a better way to report on this that I just haven't thought of yet. 

It would also be great if I could get a percentage column in there too, but I guess you can't create Calculated properties on the Product object. 

1 Accepted solution
GrantCarlile
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @katherineladue, this is Grant,

Please correct me where I have gone wrong here - layout out for clarity.

Problem: Goals on products, not on deals or reps.

Solution:

1. Keep on property on Line item using maximum as a hack.

2. Create a custom object so you can have the information pulled in how you want, separate from the Line item itself. Cusomt object would let you pull in the product properties, the sales person, a sales goal you set, and then calculate percentages. That'd give you the information to report on that cusom object.

Thought through this weired alternative that I don't recommend: The Forecast Tool could be a way forward when the deal only has the one Sponsorship Product on it; though it feels like too much once you work through it. Forecast categories will have to be based on the "% to goal", thus then the pipeline stages would need to be setup to move deals according to that "% to goal" : / seems like too much for what you're wanting. 

Onward,

Grant

Grant CarlileGrant Carlile

Grant Carlile, RevOps Developer

RevPartners is an unmatched team of operators who design and execute revenue engines to supercharge your growth. 

RP Schedule 20 min with me.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GrantCarlile
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @katherineladue, this is Grant,

Please correct me where I have gone wrong here - layout out for clarity.

Problem: Goals on products, not on deals or reps.

Solution:

1. Keep on property on Line item using maximum as a hack.

2. Create a custom object so you can have the information pulled in how you want, separate from the Line item itself. Cusomt object would let you pull in the product properties, the sales person, a sales goal you set, and then calculate percentages. That'd give you the information to report on that cusom object.

Thought through this weired alternative that I don't recommend: The Forecast Tool could be a way forward when the deal only has the one Sponsorship Product on it; though it feels like too much once you work through it. Forecast categories will have to be based on the "% to goal", thus then the pipeline stages would need to be setup to move deals according to that "% to goal" : / seems like too much for what you're wanting. 

Onward,

Grant

Grant CarlileGrant Carlile

Grant Carlile, RevOps Developer

RevPartners is an unmatched team of operators who design and execute revenue engines to supercharge your growth. 

RP Schedule 20 min with me.png