Sales Hub Tools

Dalton
Participant

HubSpot Mobile App - Business Card Scanner options

SOLVE

The business card scanner is a great feature in the HubSpot app, espeically when our team is at events. However you cannot add additonal details that you want after scanning the business card. 

For example, if I scan a business card at an event I may want to direct this lead to our consumer or B2B teams however there is no option to pull in additonal contact properties only what is available on the card once saved. This would allow these leads to get pulled into the dedicated workflow based on this property instead of going back into the contact and then manually updating the contact type. 

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton. Quick thought - I'd add your feature requests to the Ideas Forum. HubSpot product teams keep an eye on those. 

As for how to manage the contacts once you input them with the scanner, we can edit them once they're in and change properties and add them to lists. It may not be super fluid on mobile, but I've used the app to change properties. For example, if you plan ahead of time you could create an active list where the criteria is "added these dates by this user" so that anyone you add during an event gets put into a list. Then this list could trigger the workflow. Hopefully that helps spark an idea or two for you. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
CJohns4
Participant

SOLVE

I am also struggling to find Business Card Scanner under original source. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
MelisaAganovic
Contributor

SOLVE

@danmoyle  Thanks a lot for your support and the effort to actually test in real-time.

It's much appreciated. 

Cheers,

Melisa

MelisaAganovic
Contributor

SOLVE

HubSpot Mobile App - Business Card Scanner - Workflow

Hi Dan, 

I have  a question about creating Workflows and including Businesss Card Scan.

We have an event between April 19-21, 2023. At this event we will be using the Scan Business Card Function in the HubSpot App. Is it possible to create following Workflow in HubSpot:

Contact enrollment trigger:
Create date between 19-21 Apil 2023

AND (this is the part I cannot find and I am not sure if it's possible)

From Scan Business Card

+

1. Add to static list
Add to list 'Business Card Scan_Eventname 2023'

What I basically want is that when I scan Business Cards during April 19-21 that it automatically goes into the static list that has been defined in Workflows instead of going straight to the general contact list in HubSpot.

Is that possible? I have created a test workflow where I defined Contact enrollment trigger (I used February 1st until 2nd) and 1. Add to static list, but the problem is that I get all contacts that have been added to HubSpot betweeen Feb 1st until 2nd.

I hope this is clear 🙂

Thank you for your support!

Cheers,

Melisa

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

Hi Melisa @MelisaAganovic! I tested this and here's what I found: You want to look at these parameters: 

• Original source is Offline Sources
  • Original source data 1 is mobile_ios (I used my iPhone)
  • Original source data 2 is business-card-scanner

I built an active list with this criteria, and it worked. The business cards I scanned showed up on this list. I prefer that over a workflow and managing a static list, but it's the same idea. 

danmoyle_0-1675255275497.png

I hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
MWatt

SOLVE

Hi Dan - your insights are very helpful! I'm in a boat similar to Melissa's and I think the way you set up an active list to pull anyone who has been imported via offline->business-card-scanner is great. I followed all of your steps and the problem is that this only works for a contact that has never been entered into the system (i.e. their true original source is from the business card). Occasionally we have sales reps going to meetups or events and talking with people for the first time, but it's not the first time they've ever been in contact with our business. As in, they may have visited our website in the past, attended a webinar, or even chatted with someone else, so they exist in the system. When we use the business card scanner app, and if a contact already exists, the business card scanner forces a merge. Once the merge happens, there is no trace of the business card scan being an original source. Do you have any ideas for how we can still capture leads/contact info from reps at events that may already exist in our system? Is there another way to pull the business-card-scanner property into a list other than Original Source?

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your help. 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

Hi @MWatt - it does make sense, yes. If I were in your shoes, I'd reach out to HubSpot Support to see if this is expected behavior (and therefore a limitation) or if they have an idea. 

Like you, I would have looked at "latest source" for the information. You could also maybe set up a list that looks at a recent update, like that merge, and if it's within the date of the event that would likely be your list of folks you met at the event. 

I'll do some investigation and see if there's another solution, too. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
MWatt

SOLVE

And I tried "Latest Source" with the suggested parameters, but still no luck. 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

Sending a DM

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton. Quick thought - I'd add your feature requests to the Ideas Forum. HubSpot product teams keep an eye on those. 

As for how to manage the contacts once you input them with the scanner, we can edit them once they're in and change properties and add them to lists. It may not be super fluid on mobile, but I've used the app to change properties. For example, if you plan ahead of time you could create an active list where the criteria is "added these dates by this user" so that anyone you add during an event gets put into a list. Then this list could trigger the workflow. Hopefully that helps spark an idea or two for you. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website