Sales Hub Tools

EPTurner1999

General Inbox Syncing/Integration Questions

SOLVE

Hi all! My team has recently started using Hubspot and I have a few general syncing questions. First, is there a way to connect your ENTIRE inbox to HubSpot so that emails sent and recieved before the program was implemented are found in inbox? Or are the only interactions available those that occured after inbox was synced to email? Similarly, is there a way to track interaction with contacts dating before HubSpot was implemented? I understand interactions appear in "other conversations" but can it be synced retroactively? 

Next, is there a way to automatically sync business information/phone number when a message is received? I understand contacts are automatically created, but if a message comes from a business email is there a way for HubSpot to automatically recognize the information and create a business card (as well as update the contact card) accordingly? 

Any suggestions help! Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
digitalkrewe
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EPTurner1999,

Hubspot will not sync historic emails and calls, but there's an app for that. 😊

However, there are data management apps that claim to sync old emails.  Threads automatically captures and logs all your historic and future communications, including emails and calls - into the HubSpot platform.

It is my understanding that Hubspot is working on a feature that will pull contact information from an email signature.

Here's some info that may answer your email logging questions:

• Connecting your personal email will not log all emails. Read more about connecting your personal email (personal email address is the email that you and your reps use for everyday business communication) here.
  • Read more about the team email inbox here.
  • You can respond to contacts from Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook desktop. Read more about the Hubspot Sales extensions here.

Note, we have never used these apps. You can read the descriptions and reach out to the app developers to confirm that the app will meet your needs.

Cheers,

Ray

*Hubspot updates its software often. Please check current features in the Hubspot knowledge base.

**Please mark this as solved if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
digitalkrewe
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @EPTurner1999,

Hubspot will not sync historic emails and calls, but there's an app for that. 😊

However, there are data management apps that claim to sync old emails.  Threads automatically captures and logs all your historic and future communications, including emails and calls - into the HubSpot platform.

It is my understanding that Hubspot is working on a feature that will pull contact information from an email signature.

Here's some info that may answer your email logging questions:

• Connecting your personal email will not log all emails. Read more about connecting your personal email (personal email address is the email that you and your reps use for everyday business communication) here.
  • Read more about the team email inbox here.
  • You can respond to contacts from Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook desktop. Read more about the Hubspot Sales extensions here.

Note, we have never used these apps. You can read the descriptions and reach out to the app developers to confirm that the app will meet your needs.

Cheers,

Ray

*Hubspot updates its software often. Please check current features in the Hubspot knowledge base.

**Please mark this as solved if it answers your question.