Sales Hub Tools

TSaunders

Best organization method - Products & Services?

SOLVE

I work with a company that offers multiple services that within carry multiple products in each one. I am curious as to how others in this situation has organized their sales Hub? 

My team & I have thought of deal or product properties to be searched by or even having a pipeline per service - all have been found to operate rather clunkily or merge together. Sometimes we service a customer in more than one way in a single deal which makes the seperate pipelines potentially not ideal (if we use the quote feature in HubSpot)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Without more detail into the stages of the sales process and reporting, it's tough to say which way would be ideal.

I would probably avoid separate service pipelines if the stages in sales process are mostly the same and use a single pipeline with a multi-select property for services.

OR

If the process is competely different , a pipline for each service.

OR

If they have common initial steps, transition between pipelines at the point of divergence

• Pipeline 1 (initial sales process) stages: 1, 2, 3
  • Pipeline 2 (service A) stages: 4A, 5A, 6A
  • Pipeline 3 (service B) stages: 4B, 5B, 6B
  • Pipeline 4 (multiple services) stages: 4C, 5C, 6C + multi-select property with services.

OR

If each service is sold independently or there is opportunity for an exisiting customer to buy service A now and then service B later down the road, you might want to consider a single pipeline with a separate deal for each service and use a dropdown property to identify the specific service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TSaunders 

We've productised most of our services into programmes or packages. Now it's easy to sort, filter and report.

If you are quoting hourly rates – for service work – you could add a line item for hourly rate, then a multiplier to calculate a price (in quotes or deals). 

Feel free to share some more specific examples if you'd like some more detailed answers.

Cheers

Mike

ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Without more detail into the stages of the sales process and reporting, it's tough to say which way would be ideal.

I would probably avoid separate service pipelines if the stages in sales process are mostly the same and use a single pipeline with a multi-select property for services.

OR

If the process is competely different , a pipline for each service.

OR

If they have common initial steps, transition between pipelines at the point of divergence

• Pipeline 1 (initial sales process) stages: 1, 2, 3
  • Pipeline 2 (service A) stages: 4A, 5A, 6A
  • Pipeline 3 (service B) stages: 4B, 5B, 6B
  • Pipeline 4 (multiple services) stages: 4C, 5C, 6C + multi-select property with services.

OR

If each service is sold independently or there is opportunity for an exisiting customer to buy service A now and then service B later down the road, you might want to consider a single pipeline with a separate deal for each service and use a dropdown property to identify the specific service.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TSaunders!

I would like to add some top experts to this matter to share their thoughts @Mike_Eastwood @HubSpotMaster @ndwilliams3 any recommendations to @TSaunders?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !