Sales Email

bethannon
Participant

View email replies on one page?

SOLVE

I've searched around, but not finding anything about viewing email replies. Hubspot is amazingly great at notifying me about opens of my emails, but I'm not finding a single page (like an inbox) where I can view all the replies to my outbound emails. Am I missing this somewhere?

Does Hubspot just assume that we will be emailing (both outbound & inbound) outside the Hubspot platform? Seems to me that if you send emails that are trackable, that you would want to not only know if they are opened, but view the replies too....

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bethannon

Replies to sales emails can be logged by the HubSpot CRM if certain conditions are met. These are described here: Do email replies get recorded in the CRM?

Given how many variables there are with one to one email, and the likelihood that not all replies will be caught by the CRM, I think believe that the assumption (and the best strategy) is to continue working in your inbox predominantly. 

Email logging in the CRM, particularly of outgoing emails and their included threads, serve well to help colleagues understand the state of an account, but they do not fully replace the inbox. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jaysonavani
Participant

SOLVE

I agree with @bethannon, being an intuitive CRM it should also allow users to see all your inbox replys at single place with an ability to reply back from the same thread just like any simple inbox client.

We also recently shifted to Hubpot and having hardtime to track & manage new emails using Hubspot. Ofcourse, external email do serve the purpose, but then it defeats the purpose of having all in one hubspot.

Appreciate if Product team can look into this and can come up with the solution where user can atleast view all their new emails at single place. 

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bethannon

Replies to sales emails can be logged by the HubSpot CRM if certain conditions are met. These are described here: Do email replies get recorded in the CRM?

Given how many variables there are with one to one email, and the likelihood that not all replies will be caught by the CRM, I think believe that the assumption (and the best strategy) is to continue working in your inbox predominantly. 

Email logging in the CRM, particularly of outgoing emails and their included threads, serve well to help colleagues understand the state of an account, but they do not fully replace the inbox. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
yari
Participant

SOLVE

Yeah, but let's assume all emails are being sent from the CRM. Is there a way to see all replies in one place? By all members of the team?

Thanks!

bethannon
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Phil!

Our last CRM lacked lots of features, but I guess I really liked emailing out, tracking, seeing replies, and replying to emails all within that platform through the connected email. This will take some getting used to, but I have to think that it would be faster & more efficient for more people than just me to not to have to switch back & forth between email client & Hubspot....

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Spoiler
Have you looked at using an integration that does this for you automatically so that you can manage all your communications using HubSpot rather than your email client? If you are using e.g. Apple Mail - you may not want to work from your inbox as you will lose the ability to track your emails opens. 

As the previous responder stated, HubSpot will not log emails that don't meet the "conditions" which can happen if, for cxample, you receive an unsolicited email from an existing customer or perhaps a customer directly contacts someone in your team who is on holiday or is no longer with the business. 

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes