Sales Email

joneskristie

Connecting sequences

SOLVE

Hi-

I'm trying to connect 2 sequences. 

ie - When the first sequence ends, I want to wait X number of days and then enroll those contacts in 2nd related sequence. How do I do that? 

Thanks! 

Kristie

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Connecting sequences

SOLVE

Hi @joneskristie,

Unfortunately this can't be done with a Professional license, it's possible only in Sales or Service Hub Enterprise. There it can be accomplished with a contact-based workflow. Since recently, sequence enrollment can be automated via workflow:

karstenkoehler_1-1628244649231.png

This is what a workflow would look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1628244627841.png

Under Last sequence enrolled, the ID of a sequence needs to be put in, not the name, unintuitively. You can access the sequence ID by look at the sequence URL: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/THIS_IS_THE_PORTAL_ID/sequence/THIS_IS_THE_SEQUENCE_ID /edit

Without the Enterprise subscription, you would unfortunately have to manually enroll contact in the next sequence. You can speed up this manual work by using the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) and filtering this view by the same criteria as the workflow enrollment triggers.

Alternatively, if you always want to enroll contacts from sequence 1 into sequence 2, I'd recommend simply combining them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Evans4316
Contributor

Connecting sequences

SOLVE

I have a task called 'Phase 2' that starts the next Sequence emails. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Connecting sequences

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @Evans4316

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Connecting sequences

SOLVE

Hi @joneskristie,

Unfortunately this can't be done with a Professional license, it's possible only in Sales or Service Hub Enterprise. There it can be accomplished with a contact-based workflow. Since recently, sequence enrollment can be automated via workflow:

karstenkoehler_1-1628244649231.png

This is what a workflow would look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1628244627841.png

Under Last sequence enrolled, the ID of a sequence needs to be put in, not the name, unintuitively. You can access the sequence ID by look at the sequence URL: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/THIS_IS_THE_PORTAL_ID/sequence/THIS_IS_THE_SEQUENCE_ID /edit

Without the Enterprise subscription, you would unfortunately have to manually enroll contact in the next sequence. You can speed up this manual work by using the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) and filtering this view by the same criteria as the workflow enrollment triggers.

Alternatively, if you always want to enroll contacts from sequence 1 into sequence 2, I'd recommend simply combining them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

NParshotam
Contributor

Connecting sequences

SOLVE

Thanks! This should work. However, would be good if we had sequence name instead of sequence ID!

I will submit an idea / suggestion.

0 Upvotes