Reporting & Analytics

mikey1
Participant

UTM tracking and business units

SOLVE

I'm wondering if anyone has is using one Hubspot instance for more than one brand via Business Units and able to use utm tracking on each business unit?

Since utm's are custom properties, but have to be exact in the link for for it to populate to the hubspot property, I'm unsure how you can track marketing efforts for multiple brands in one Hubspot instance, even using business units. Any expertise on business units would be very helpful!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mikey1,

Are you referring to using utm_campaign, utm_content, utm_medium etc as hidden fields in website forms? If so and if your concern is that this information is overwritten between business units, have you considered using workflows to copy the property values into business specific properties?

for example:

if contacts submits form from business unit A

then copy utm_campaign into utm_campaign (business unit A)

If you did the same for business unit B, C etc, you'd have the utm information split by business unit.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mikey1,

Are you referring to using utm_campaign, utm_content, utm_medium etc as hidden fields in website forms? If so and if your concern is that this information is overwritten between business units, have you considered using workflows to copy the property values into business specific properties?

for example:

if contacts submits form from business unit A

then copy utm_campaign into utm_campaign (business unit A)

If you did the same for business unit B, C etc, you'd have the utm information split by business unit.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mikey1
Participant

SOLVE

I haven't gotten started with business units yet but this seems like the right solution. I was trying to decifer if we needed to seperate out our hubspot instances or use business units and this was one of the main points of contention. 

0 Upvotes