Reporting & Analytics

CapChris
Participant

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can search for the emails that contain ".edu". I have tried and it comes up with zero results when I know there are emails containing ".edu".

Chris

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Should be *.edu.

#nlmtt

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Hi @CapChris,

Just to circle back on this, I have confirmed that using the  *.edu (or *.com) will be the best way to pull in all results. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

>>"Does anyone know if you can search for the emails that contain ".edu". I have tried and it comes up with zero results when I know there are emails containing ".edu"."

Doesn't appear on the list of HubSpot's default contact properties (yet), but try searching the ('new'?) 'Email Domain' property instead. Looks like Email is no longer working in search the way it used to. (head shaking)

- see image

HubSpot Contact View Filter: Email DomainHubSpot Contact View Filter: Email Domain

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
CapChris
Participant

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Had tried that one (using .edu in Email Domain) and still had nothing to show? It is the only filter I am using and I know .edu addresses exist, so I do not know why it is not working

Chris

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Just to confirm @CapChris, you're using "*.edu" as your criteria?

Still having this issue, please share screenshots of ...

-1- A contact (where Email Domain contains '.edu')

-2- Your view filter in action [similar to my screenshot]

Will look at in the morning.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
CapChris
Participant

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 16.23.22.pngHere you go. There are definitely contacts with .edu or edu in the email domain. I have also tried this in Reports with the same result - 0 records.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Hi @CapChris,

To echo @MFrankJohnson's example, you should be able to search by .edu.

edit: I am investigating why the .edu requires a * and the .com does not (this is what I am seeing on my end). 

Additionally, if you have access to HubSpot Technical Support? I would recommend connecting with them if the filtering is not working as expected within your portal. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
CapChris
Participant

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Yep and also. I am entering *.ac and this is producing no results. For example I have  bath.ac.uk in the contacts database. On the *.edu search all the results end the domain with .edu of course, so that might be why they work. 

0 Upvotes
duncanparsons
Participant

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Don't know if this is still an issue for you, but coming from a database programming background, would using *.ac* help?

It could be that with '.com' being so prevalent that the devs put an exception in there such that the '*' is quietly inserted without user intervention before the query is submitted to the search engine.

<shrug/>

🙂

Duncan

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Hi @CapChris,

Just to circle back on this, I have confirmed that using the  *.edu (or *.com) will be the best way to pull in all results. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Searching for .edu

SOLVE

Should be *.edu.

#nlmtt

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes