Reporting & Analytics

EnesCinar
Contributor

Marketin Contact Status Source Type

SOLVE

Hi all!

When I create Marketing Contact Dashboard, I notice a column called Marketing Contact Status Source Type. In this column, the majority rate is labeled as "Initial State" and the other one is "Form Submission". In my perspective, the Form Submission is so clear but I can't interpret the other one "Initial State". May you help me to define that and what is meaning? I couldn't find them in the HubSpot blogs

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EnesCinar,

This is referring to the marketing contact status that every newly created contact in your HubSpot account gets automatically. It's the default value. You can learn more about setting this default value here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/default-marketing-statuses-for-created-contacts

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EnesCinar,

This is referring to the marketing contact status that every newly created contact in your HubSpot account gets automatically. It's the default value. You can learn more about setting this default value here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/default-marketing-statuses-for-created-contacts

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EnesCinar
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have confusion after reading this blog actually 🙂 Because when I read the blog and check my system, I just use HubSpot forms to create marketing contacts. I can't figure out the Initial comes from.

Best,

Enes

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EnesCinar,

Could you double-check whether all of these contacts were in fact created through form submissions (not imported, for example)?

You can do so by selecting one of the "Initial state" contacts and scrolling to the bottom of the activity feed on the contact record. What do you see there? (If you can share a screenshot, pixelating confidential information, that would might be helpful.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

EnesCinar
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

I got what you say now when you say check contact record. 

Thank you so much.