Reporting & Analytics

IGI
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

For those using both the marketing and sales platforms, why isn't there a clear way to link a deal back to a campaign? It seems like it should be obvious in linking marketing efforts to sales deals.

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

Hi @IGI 

Its a good question. 

I think it comes down the philosophy that is behind the CRM. In HubSpot, a campaign is a collection of assets that can reach and influence contacts. A deal, meanwhile, is an abstract concept that can not be touched by a campaign. So it makes no sense to associate indiviudal deals with campaign. But deal associated to contacts touched by the campaign can be measured. 

I could be completely wrong though. Interested to hear others' thoughts.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

I would agree 100% with @Phil_Vallender on this one. Great answer!

@IGI,  The campaign analytics tool under reports > analytics tool is a very easy way to see which contacts were influenced. The table report at the bottom will also show which deals were closed that were associated with the campaigns, but the deal has to be connected to an influenced contact.

Campaign Analytics.JPG

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
snatter
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

December 2023, still no solution. Wow... 

The pattern repeats itself, all the good things I need to be 100% satisfied with Hubspot have only been posted in idea boards between 2019 and 2021 but have not been implemented until 2023... Too bad, too bad, too bad...

kldonahue
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

Yes please - the current report is not usable to us at all. It would be great to link it to exact deals and revenue 

CDodd
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

The campaign analytics tool under reports > analytics tool is great - but how do you add this to a dashboard?

KateElizabeth
Contributor

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

One reason I can come up with is as far as my company is concerened, is that if, for example, a customer clicks on an email, and maybe then attends a trade show, but goes dark for a year. Then, after when a sales rep stops in to check in/cold call, they decide to move forward to a quote (deal). Our reps are instructed to use the most recent point of contact as the lead source, so if the deal was automatically attributed to the email, the reporting (for us) wouldn't be accurate. If I'm making any sense... 🙂  In our world, we've come up with 12 possible lead sources.

MMacGOH
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

I'm pretty amazed that this doesn't exist on the CRM/Sales side.  It's crucial to any type of attribution in B2B sales.  Hopefully this can get added soon.  

KateElizabeth
Contributor

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

Right and for me, the "command z" option doesn't work. Believe it or not, some people do not know about command/control z!! Crazy that there's no undo arrow!

0 Upvotes
EmmaPomeroy
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

This feature would be really useful for us. We create campaigns for specific 'order windows'  which target existing customers who may have multiple other deals in hand. So, to prove a tangible $ROI for that particular order window it would be useful to link individual deals with the relevant campaign. The overall value of a contact (shown in the 'influenced revenue' column in the table quoted below) is useful but it doen't drill into the ROI value of specific campaigns, which would provide a more accurate attribution of $revenue generated.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

Hi @IGI 

Its a good question. 

I think it comes down the philosophy that is behind the CRM. In HubSpot, a campaign is a collection of assets that can reach and influence contacts. A deal, meanwhile, is an abstract concept that can not be touched by a campaign. So it makes no sense to associate indiviudal deals with campaign. But deal associated to contacts touched by the campaign can be measured. 

I could be completely wrong though. Interested to hear others' thoughts.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
orangepegs
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

a "deal" is no more abstract of a concept than an MQL or SQL. We decide those parameters all the time. We should be able to see all of the deals a campaign influences, not just the deals that close. If this is about the flywheel, we shouldn't be separating marking and sales outcomes in this way.

AGupta34
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

It's a great answer. But what about deals that opened after a campaign and closed during the campaign. Shouldn't they be also considered? Why the deals started before the campaign should only be considered. When we check ROI of campaigns, we also consider the stage change/progress in deals and also new deals that were started. For example, one of our campaign would be around an industry event. Several deals will be a result of the event. But we cannot attribute them to the event promotion.

I think we should have flexibility to both attach and remove deals to be able to accurately measure the campaign performance as per our company needs. 

NLacaria
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

@AGupta34 - totally agree. Best idea so far.

0 Upvotes
NLacaria
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

So how does Hubspot measure influence on deals?

I have doubts on the way Hubspot claims influence on deals. We have deals that were started before specific campaigns ran,  that closed after the campaign was over, but Hubspot claims it influenced the deal. So this throws off my trust in the metrics because i can plainly see the campaings did not affect the deals.

So better to be able to report on "why" the deal was inflenced and "how" and then be able to report on deals that were created during the time frame of the deal- with a way to show the influence- closed won or lost.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

I would agree 100% with @Phil_Vallender on this one. Great answer!

@IGI,  The campaign analytics tool under reports > analytics tool is a very easy way to see which contacts were influenced. The table report at the bottom will also show which deals were closed that were associated with the campaigns, but the deal has to be connected to an influenced contact.

Campaign Analytics.JPG

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

scaltagi
Participant

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

Okay, but what if I have SPECIFIC ability to attribute a deal? For instance, I have a specific coupon code for a campaign that is only used in that campaign, and if the user uses that code it should be associated with the campaign.  Right now I can't do that and it's missing revenue based on some fuzzier attempts at matching when I have a strong method.  Why can't I use both?

orangepegs

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

It's disappointing to see this answer with 3 upvotes and zero solutions marked as the "accepted solution." Sorry, but this solves nothing. It excuses an obvious flaw in the system.

orangepegs

Link Deals to Campaigns

SOLVE

100% disagree. People are looking for ways to link open deals to existing campaigns. There is nothing abstract about it. I get this request often.