Reporting & Analytics

auto-mate
Top Contributor

How to funnel report conversion rate change over time?

SOLVE

I want to create funnel conversion reports that track changes over time, but I am struggling and I think Hubspot can't do it. So, do you know how I can do this:

MQL-SQL conversion rate, per month, for direct traffic (to see how the conversion rate for this specific source changes over time).

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @auto-mate 

Indeed. If you really need to know that information I think you will probably need to look at exporting data to warehouse and using a BI tool, ie. Tableau, Looker or PowerBI. This kind of report will need date-based data that I don't think exists in HubSpot so you may not be able to look back past the date of finding the solution. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @auto-mate 

Funnel reports can't really show the change in their data over time. 

The way I tackle this is to have two funnel reports side-by-side; one for the current period and one for the period I want to compare it to. 

Hope this helps.

auto-mate
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Phil, I've done that already, with 2/3 funnel reports side-by-side for different years/months - it's interesting, but doesn't get me there;) To be able to see the historical MQL-SQL conversion rate trend of e.g. organic search Vs social, or ad campaign cluster per region, is the goal...

I think it's not possible to mangle the funnel conversion rate info in custom reports, is it?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @auto-mate 

Indeed. If you really need to know that information I think you will probably need to look at exporting data to warehouse and using a BI tool, ie. Tableau, Looker or PowerBI. This kind of report will need date-based data that I don't think exists in HubSpot so you may not be able to look back past the date of finding the solution. 

Hope this helps?

auto-mate
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Phil. It helps in that, yes, I agree, I need an alternative solution;)

It would be great if the funnel data was available in Hubspot custom reports.
It would also be great if ad data for cost per impression/contact/MQL etc. was available in custom reports.

It's a bit frustrating when I can see the data in other reports and in the ad tool - but then I cannot report on it in a meaningful actionable way.