Commerce Tools

FOffice

Taking a down payment or deposit

SOLVE

Has anyone found a way to process a 50% deposit with Hubspot payments/Quotes?

1 Accepted solution
SKhetan
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey RobinSmoot, your timing for the query couldn't be better. We started a controlled rollout of the feature last week. I would love to include you if you open to testing it out for us. 

View solution in original post

58 Replies 58
EWill27

SOLVE

@SKhetan Hello, my business is a deposit based business and I would love access to this feature as it is pretty important to how we operate. Is there any way you can help with this? Thank you 

SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey Earl, 

Thanks for reaching out. I will send you an email with further details

EWill27

SOLVE
Hi, thank you for the response. I should I expect your email today?
SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey everyone on this thread 👋

For milestone payments, I have a quick question:
- Are you looking to automate the billing process? (i.e. autogenerate & auto-send the invoices) 
- Are you looking to automate the payment collection process? (i.e. auto-chage the buyer's card/ bank account on the pre-defined dates?

MFenwick3

SOLVE

This feature is exactly what i am trying to work out as a new user - have there been any updates or advice on how to do this 

0 Upvotes
SSRenovations

SOLVE

For us (construction company), we just need the ability to accept the deposit and then send the invoice again once certain amount of work has been completed for each Milestone until project completion. So for example, contact value is $50k. We require a $10k deposit upfront. The tensing $40k is payable as $10k for each Milestone #1-#3, and final $10k upon pricy completion

DHall005
Participant

SOLVE

I'm looking more to automate payment collection. Maybe take a deposit and then bill on a schedule.

0 Upvotes
TShropshire

SOLVE

Hi! Is possible to get added to the beta for this feature?

0 Upvotes
Dogtag89
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @SKhetan 
I've been following this thread for a while. back when payments was launched downpayments/deposits weren't possible so we dropped the idea to pursue it further. 

We have quite an interesting payment set up. A membership fee, pricing based on loyalty level and price reductions based on how many deposits are bought up front (multi buying discount). 

The ability to charge a deposit/downpayment up front is interesting and warrants a second look at HubSpot payments. 

Upon booking of a trip we charge members a $300 deposit and automatically send them an invoice for the remainder which is due 8 weeks before the start of the trip. 
I'd be happy to connect and discuss if we could use this feature. 

RobinSmoot
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Skhetan,

It would be helpful to be able to quote a project and require a percentage or flat amount as an initial payment upon quote acceptance. Upon acceptance, automatically redirecting the client to a payment page or invoice for that initial amount would be ideal. Then, automatically sending an invoice for the remainder at a certain point in time. Automatically charging the card is not AS important as automatically calculating the balance due and sending the invoice. 

SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

That's wonderful! This is the kind of thing I was looking to know. Thanks for the response Robin!

KDatum

SOLVE

any updaets on this feature ? what i need to do is that: if i need to collect for example $100 for now from the client then after the job is done there will be another payment based on count of services so the first $100 as down payment and the final cost will be calculated after the job is done. and there is any way to connect the down payment with a form created by hubspot to take the count from it and calculate the final cost ?

0 Upvotes
SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey KDatum,

I think it is possible to do it with HubSpot Payments, although it might be a workaround for now. I am happy to brainstorm & demonstrate this to you, if you are interested. I will send you an email with more details & link to book time with me. 

-Shilpa

0 Upvotes
KDatum

SOLVE

Thank you Shilpa, yes iam intersted please

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KDatum,

Thanks for reaching out! 

@SKhetan mentioned that this feature is currently in beta. 

@SKhetan - How can community members enroll in this beta? Can this be done through their portal or should they reach out to Support?

Thank you! 

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Unfortunately it can't be done via portals directly yet, but if customers reach out to the support or email me- I can grant them access. 

0 Upvotes
SSRenovations

SOLVE

Grant me access please

0 Upvotes
MWilliamson1

SOLVE

Hi SKhetan,

I have been looking for this exact functionality - provide a fully priced Quotation with the option to pay a deposit on signature.  I'm a right in thinking there's a Beta we could take advantage of? We're one of your strategic accounts so would love to explore this if possible please.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Upvotes
SKhetan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey Matt, thanks for reaching out. I will send you an email to get you all sorted for this 🙂

samrhoff
Participant

SOLVE

Hey! I would love to get access to the beta. I am evaluating if I continue using Hubspot or switch CRMs, and the inability to take a deposit is very important to me. Thanks!! Could you add me to the beta please?

0 Upvotes