Outlook Sales Extension

Bazelyte

Wrong Contact owner

Hey, 

We have recently hired a couple of new team members and they were - of course - introduced to HubSpot under the same organization and in the same Team. 

We have installed the Hubspot desktop add-in for Outlook. Now, when my colleague sends an email with tracking on Outlook, the 'Contact owner' in Hubspot shows my name, rather than my colleagues*.

*It was my colleague that had made the first contact with the person. The contact for the person was created via tracking, and not directly on Hubspot.  

Please advise how to rectify that, as it is important for us to keep track of who owns that particular customer or contact. 

Thank you in advance! 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
SBriggs2

Wrong Contact owner

Folks, we are having the same issue at my site.  Users are logging in with their own credentials and using the Outlook plugin.  If they send an email to a contact already in HubSpot, they immediately inherit the customer and contact and take it away from the original owner.  This is wreaing havoc on our process.

0 Upvotes
KKilbey
Participant

Wrong Contact owner

@SBriggs2 did you find any fix to this issue? We are experiencing it as well, and HubSpot basically said that was how it is intended to work, but it doesn't make sense that just because someone sends an email to a contact they should become the contact owner. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
Bazelyte

Wrong Contact owner

No settings were changed - so they are on default. 
Yes, it happens immediately after, and we need to change contact owner manually. So far it happened only for one of the team members, but with all of the emails sent. 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Wrong Contact owner

Hi @Bazelyte ,

Please be sure that your colleague is logged into the HubSpot extension with their HubSpot account and it isn't logged in under your account. There are log-in troubleshooting details on this page.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Bazelyte

Wrong Contact owner

Hi Josh, 

My colleague is logged in with their own account, which makes it strange that I get registered as a contact owner. 

0 Upvotes
Josh

Wrong Contact owner

@Bazelyte  - Are there any other settings in the account that are modifying the contact owner? Does this only happen immediately after a tracked email is sent using the integration?

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer