Outlook Sales Extension

bkbjpm

HubSpot Outlook plugin updated on 8/24/2022 and is impacting my productivity

On 8/24, it looks like the HubSpot Sales plugin for Outlook was updated and it has significant impacted my productivity (for the worse).  Let me try and explain what has happend:

Before the update, the logging of a task was very simple.  Per the graphic below, you would simply 1) describer your task and 2) select a due date for the task, and then click Save.  The resulting task was saved to that Contact's record.  

bkbjpm_1-1661432576501.png

With this new update that happend yesterday, the user interface has changed entirely and it takes significantly more time to log a simple task.  Here is what the new user interface looks like:

bkbjpm_2-1661432605309.png

Here are the two major problems with this update:

1)  The task is automatically associated with the person's  COMPANY and not their CONTACT record.

2)  The "Send Reminder" is not checked by default 

Regarding #1 above, why isn't this task being saved to the contact that I'm in email conversation with?  All of my tasks need to be at the Contact level, so I now have to search for this person's name and this takes unneccessary time.  Furthermore, per the graphic above, you will see that this task is supposed to be for "Chris Camp" but its not automatically associating to his contact record.     The resolution to this matter would be to have this task automatically associate with the person's Contact record so that it looks like this:

bkbjpm_4-1661433132292.png

Regarding #2 above, the "Send Reminder" checkbox is not selected by default, but it should be becuase my hubspot.com preferences for Tasks is to have a Due Date in 3 days and a Reminder "at task due time" so that I get emails at 8:00 am.  The resolution to this matter is that it should automatically look like this:

bkbjpm_5-1661433238714.png

When I create new tasks within my HubSpot.com account, this Send Reminder checbox functionliaty is already selected by default, but this is not extending over to the HubSpot Sales plugin.

These two items might seem like small things, but this is having a MAJOR impact on my productivity.  What would only take me 5 seconds to create a new task now takes me close to 30 seconds.  My productivity has dropped by a factor of 6X

Feel free to contact me ASAP.  I would be happy to do a Zoom meeting to walk a HubSpot representative through things so that they can experience the inefficiency I am seeing first hand.

I look forward to hearing from the HubSpot team!

Regards,

Bradley

4 Replies 4
bkbjpm

As of approximately noon EST on 8/26, I can confirm that the UI has reverted back to the old style.   Thanks HubSpot for quickly addressing this issue.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

@bkbjpm thanks for the update!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Jnix284

@bkbjpm sometimes simple is better. I'm curious if the reminder settings will become synced, will also be waiting for an update on this. Thanks for starting the conversation!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

bkbjpm

@Jnix284 so I assume you are seeing this as well . . . ??  I thought I was going crazy especially when my colleague was still seeing the old UI.  When you say "simple is better" I agree with you.  My caviat would be to go give users the flexibility to make it as simple as they want it to be.  Hopefully the HubSpot tech team is reading this thread because if so, my recommendation would be to give controls as to the fields that get displayed in this widget.  For example,   I would love to completely remove these fields from the widget because I will never use them:

- Type

- Priority

- Assigned To

- Queue

- Due Time and Reminder (assuming the bug is fixed)

While many users will use the functionality associated with the 5 items I listed above, there will be many other users that will not use this functionality.  Giving granular control to turn on/off these fields would be fantastic!