Outlook Sales Extension

dc-usa
Contributor

Disable automatic meeting creation from extension

SOLVE

Right now, the extension seems to add a meeting to CRM with all the online meeting info. There are 2 downsides to this: 

• It clutters the timeline with future meeting information (meetings that have not happened yet)
  • It "logs" a meeting, but there are no meeting notes, so reporting makes it impossible to tell whether a meeting log is an actual meeting, or just a planned meeting. 

Is there a way to stop the extension from automatically doing this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dc-usa,

I agree that these would be useful settings to have but, as far as I know, that's not possible at this stage. HubSpot will automatically synchronize all events based on the rules outlined at the end of this knowledgebase article: Use HubSpot's calendar sync with Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar

The only way to be selective about the sync is by setting meetings private: "HubSpot's calendar sync does not sync private calendar events to your HubSpot account."

Other users have requested this already in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: Exclude syncing certain meetings from Google Calendar

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting on the idea. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity. Additionally, upvoting it will keep you updated on the status of the idea.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dc-usa,

I agree that these would be useful settings to have but, as far as I know, that's not possible at this stage. HubSpot will automatically synchronize all events based on the rules outlined at the end of this knowledgebase article: Use HubSpot's calendar sync with Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar

The only way to be selective about the sync is by setting meetings private: "HubSpot's calendar sync does not sync private calendar events to your HubSpot account."

Other users have requested this already in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: Exclude syncing certain meetings from Google Calendar

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting on the idea. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity. Additionally, upvoting it will keep you updated on the status of the idea.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.