Calling

Rik1
Contributor

Pressing call on PC lead to call initiation on phone

Hi,

i use the hubspot web interface + the app on my Android phone. In the Android app i can find a contact, press call, and then a call is placed via my regular dialer. However, when i press call in the web interface, i need to register a phone number, which is not possible for my country, and calls appear to be placed via Twillio. 

What i am looking for is a function that when i press call in the web interface, that that would trigger the same action as pressing call in my Android app: namely that a call is triggered on my Android phone, with afterwards the possibility of logging information about that call in the Android app. 

This would save lots of time, because now for every call that i've discovered i want to make in the web interface, i first need to look up the contact in the Android app, before being able to call. Just being able to press call in the web interface would save lots of time. 

Is there such a function, that links the web interface call-button to trigger my Android phone initiating a call, just like happens when i press call on a contact in the Android app? If not, please add this to your list of feature suggestions. 

Rik

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
QMoli

This is looking very same issue you can click on this link and get the information about the solution which helped me to fix this problem.

0 Upvotes
Rik1
Contributor

thanks @PamCotton , useful article, i was aware of it already. The option to have the operator call your phone is somewhat in the direction of what i'm looking for, but it just feels like it makes no sense to pay double minutes via one of your plans to be able to do this, while i have my own mobile plan. Having the option to just initiate a call on my mobile under my own plan would be much preferable. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Rik1, I would like to share this knowledge base with more details on how our calling currently works.

And invite some of our top experts to share their ideas and suggestions@Drew_Cohen @Josh @DPassman any thoughts you can share with @Rik1?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !