Mobile Application

PEM
Participant

Hubspot Business Card Scanner

SOLVE

Greetings All,

I just came back from a show and I have many cards to scan.  I installed the Hubspot app and tried out the Business Card Scanner.  It is a lot of work to scan cards.  I was hoping there would be some intelligence that made it easier than just typing in the data.

Beyond that, I have three questions:

1) Why am I not prompted for an event so that I know where I met the person?

2) Why is the address information not imported?  The location of the people that I meet with is very important.

3) Why do I have to manually determine on each scan what I am scanning by moving four dots around (EVERY TIME).

It is kind of a sucky app.  Sorry.

I am open to hearing about commercial alternatives to this rather awful app.

Thanks!!

PEM

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PEM,

There is already a thread where users are requesting improvements to the business card scanner: Business Card Scanner - automate address fill

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting with your feedback. The product team reviews this based on demand and popularity.

Until then, you can check out the HubSpot app marketplace for alternatives. There are quite a few: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/all-categories?eco_search=business%20card

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PEM
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my post, Karsten.  I upvoted the first link and will have a look at the marketplace.  Again, Thank you.  Paul

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PEM,

There is already a thread where users are requesting improvements to the business card scanner: Business Card Scanner - automate address fill

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting with your feedback. The product team reviews this based on demand and popularity.

Until then, you can check out the HubSpot app marketplace for alternatives. There are quite a few: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/all-categories?eco_search=business%20card

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PEM
Participant

SOLVE

And regarding the marketplace Karsten...I see I can view my overall rating which will be a time saver.  Thank you, Paul