Marketing Integrations

mdlr22
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Salesforce Account Status to HubSpot sync? Help please!

SOLVE

Hi everyone

First time posting here, so hello everyone!
I'm working on an SF integration for a HubSpot customer. I have done several of these successfully in the past.  

In this case the customer is using an Account Based Marketing workflow in Salesforce, they have an Account Status (see screenshot) that they use to qualify Accounts (using Stages) and then trigger the rest of the workflow, eventually converting an Opportunity in Salesforce

The trouble is.. The native "out of the box" HS/SF integration is not designed for ABM. It assumes that Salesforce Leads/Contact  are converted to Accounts and Opportunities (Companies and Deals in HubSpot)

The customer in this case is tracking everything in Salesforce at Account level, not Lead level. 

Has anyone experienced this use case and if so any ideas?

The only way I can think of this is to map the SF Account Status property (assuming it exists) on to a custom property in the Company object in HubSpot.

Hope this makes sense, and many thanks in advance for your help

Thank you
Miguel
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 13.54.12.png

2 Accepted solutions
MandyDROS
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@mdlr22 - I have done this before via Zapier.  Have you explored Zapier for it?  We can then map across different object types.  I did this for a Salesforce company before in the same scenario with some complexities because of the number of ways that they are using the account object.  This is to say that if we can do it within those complexities it should be very doable in the situation you are describing. 

@kvlschaefer - thanks for tagging me! 

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

View solution in original post

mdlr22
Solution
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MandyDROS thank you so much for you answer 🙂 

Yes, I'm VERY familiar with Zapier 😉  From your answer, I assume that Account Status is available in Salesforce as a property? My issue is that the test Salesforce account I created does not have the  Account Status functionality, so the account object does not have an account status property -  so I'm flying blind. Good to know that you did it before, so it seems doable!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MandyDROS
Solution

SOLVE

@mdlr22 - I have done this before via Zapier.  Have you explored Zapier for it?  We can then map across different object types.  I did this for a Salesforce company before in the same scenario with some complexities because of the number of ways that they are using the account object.  This is to say that if we can do it within those complexities it should be very doable in the situation you are describing. 

@kvlschaefer - thanks for tagging me! 

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

mdlr22
Solution
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MandyDROS thank you so much for you answer 🙂 

Yes, I'm VERY familiar with Zapier 😉  From your answer, I assume that Account Status is available in Salesforce as a property? My issue is that the test Salesforce account I created does not have the  Account Status functionality, so the account object does not have an account status property -  so I'm flying blind. Good to know that you did it before, so it seems doable!

MandyDROS

SOLVE

@mdlr22 - please let me know how it goes for you!  If you have any screenshares/Looms you want to share if you run into any obstacles, please don't hesitate!  Good luck and I hope that you get your solution soon! 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mdlr22,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for including this information on the integration you're building! 🙂 

I wanted to add some experts to our conversation - @LaurenRyan@Aakar@MandyDROS@TrujayJay@Drew_Cohen, @StefaniUAT - Do you have any thoughts for @mdlr22?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
mdlr22
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks Kristen!