Marketing Integrations

justinmassey

Non-Hubspot Form with reCAPTCHA

SOLVE

Hi,

My question

How can I submit data to a HubSpot API endpoint from my website and ensure that it is not spammed?

Context

I have a website that is NOT hosted with HubSpot and I do NOT want to use the Hubspot JS to create my form.

I have followed the API documentation for submitting data to a form. However, it appears that this API does not support reCAPTCHA as per the documentation, "This endpoint does not support reCAPTCHA. If reCAPTCHA has been enabled on the form, submissions will not be accepted."

How can I submit data to a HubSpot API endpoint from my website and ensure that it is not spammed?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
justinmassey
Solution

SOLVE

Hi to whomever ends up on this question 🙂 

My solution to this was to load the HubSpot tracking code. Then anytime an "onSubmit" action occurs within a form, it triggers the form fields to be sent to HubSpot. You can see the form submissions in the "marketing" > "forms" section in the navigation. 

I did not see this documented very well anywhere so hopefully this helps. You will likely want to take some sort of action within as event handler on the "onSubmit" action, but it is nice that this works out of the box. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
it_national2

SOLVE

Hi I have the same issue. The integration Elementor Forms - Hubspot won't work when Recaptcha v3 is active, but it will work with v2.
Could you please provide an ETA for when this will be solved?

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @it_national2,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

I found for you the solution from @Willson on this post "Forms Api v3 - Captcha Handling" that might help you!

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @Teun, @ChrisoKlepke and @DanielJeal do you have any other suggestions to help @it_national2, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
justinmassey
Solution

SOLVE

Hi to whomever ends up on this question 🙂 

My solution to this was to load the HubSpot tracking code. Then anytime an "onSubmit" action occurs within a form, it triggers the form fields to be sent to HubSpot. You can see the form submissions in the "marketing" > "forms" section in the navigation. 

I did not see this documented very well anywhere so hopefully this helps. You will likely want to take some sort of action within as event handler on the "onSubmit" action, but it is nice that this works out of the box. 

elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @justinmassey ,

I understand that you don't want to use the JS for the Hubspot form, however, is it possible that you're still using the Hubspot tracking code on your site? If so, that will automatically pick up form sumissions from non-native forms anyway. This way, you can still have the form validation from within your website with reCAPTCHA and there might not be a need to use the API endpoint, as the Hubspot tracking code will automatically pick up the data for successful submissions.

Does that help?

Eli

Problem solver @ crmsquad

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

justinmassey

SOLVE

Hi @elizheleva ,

Yes I am 100% OK with using the Hubspot Tracking code. 

Do you have any documentation or examples of this? I don't understand how this will work without sending the data from the DOM to an API endpoint. 

0 Upvotes
elizheleva

SOLVE

Hi @justinmassey ,

simply adding the Hubspot tracking code on your website should do the job. Do you want to ping me a DM with the link, so I can give you some pointers? The code should be added like a Google Analytics tracking, i.e. it should be on every page of the site and that's pretty much it. Then it does its magic. 🙂

Here to help,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.