Marketing Integrations

LauJimenezLF

JIRA "Issue type" not showing

SOLVE

Hi, 

I'm working on a WorkFlow that intends to create a JIRA ticket triggered by a specific Ticket name. 

I added the "Create a Jira issue" action and choose the correct Project in Jira but when I try to select the "Issue Type" I only got one option (I have 9 different options in Jira) so I can not select the correct one.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LauJimenezLF,

Thanks for the additional details! 

It sounds like some of your Jira issue types are unavailable in HubSpot.

Basically what this means is that the missing issue types are unsupported.

This can happen when the Jira issues have required fields. You can change your configuration on create issues for these types in Jira. 

To do so, you have to change the configuration through your Jira site.

To find out which JIRA issue types have required fields, please click on "Associate a JIRA Issue" and then click on "Create a New JIRA issue". Select "Regulatory" and then you'll see a "Some of your Jira issue types are unavailable in HubSpot" message.

Click on "Learn More" to get a summary of which Jira issues have a required field. Change the configuration in JIRA and you should be good to go 🙂

If you would like live assistance to diagnose if this is a required field issue, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LauJimenezLF,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand you are seeing some Jira project issue types missing in HubSpot, correct? 

Are you seeing an error message or message regarding field types? The more information and screenshots you can provide, the better the community can assist.

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
LauJimenezLF

SOLVE

Hi Kristen, 

I don't get any error messages but I don't see all the options:

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 16.22.46.png

In JIRA for that Project, I have several  "Issue type" options in the drop-down menu, but when I create the action in HubSpot, it only provides one option, so I can not select the correct one.

Thanks, 

Lau

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LauJimenezLF,

Thanks for the additional details! 

It sounds like some of your Jira issue types are unavailable in HubSpot.

Basically what this means is that the missing issue types are unsupported.

This can happen when the Jira issues have required fields. You can change your configuration on create issues for these types in Jira. 

To do so, you have to change the configuration through your Jira site.

To find out which JIRA issue types have required fields, please click on "Associate a JIRA Issue" and then click on "Create a New JIRA issue". Select "Regulatory" and then you'll see a "Some of your Jira issue types are unavailable in HubSpot" message.

Click on "Learn More" to get a summary of which Jira issues have a required field. Change the configuration in JIRA and you should be good to go 🙂

If you would like live assistance to diagnose if this is a required field issue, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter. 

Best,

Kristen