Marketing Integrations

kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Hello, everybody! 

I hope you're keeping well.

Since many companies have recently implemented working from home, we would like to tell you how the integration of GoToWebinar with HubSpot works. This application allows you to create conferences, meetings, events or even train your employees online.

What is the webinar?

An example of a webinar would be, for example, when a HubSpot worker organizes an online session, open to the public, to give tips on how to create workflows and attendees can ask questions and give feedback in real-time.

If you do not yet have a GoToWebinar account you can opt for the 7-day free trial, and if you are already registered, you can integrate it with Hubspot following the steps below:

1..Go to this link: 

https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/5688816/marketplace/apps/marketing/webinar/gotowebinar

2. Click on "connect application" at the top right

3. Enter your GoToWebinar username and password and when it's done, you're in!

4.You will then see in your HubSpot account >> Integrations >> Connected Applications >> GoToWebinar.

Clicking on the GoToWebinar title as shown in the picture, you will see that all past and future events have been synchronized, but the data synchronization of future webinars is turned off by default.

If you want all the information to be transferred, check the "Automatically synchronize data from future webinars" box and the "synchronize" boxes in the rest. 

After selecting the checkbox, you will be able to see the number of registered users:

And the webinar record will also appear in the contact's activity:

Apart from transferring the data, what else can you do with the integration?

You have several tools within HubSpot that you can take advantage of:

• Adding registration forms to landing pages.
  • Create lists of those who register, attend or do not attend.
  • Workflows
  • Hubspot Score
  • Insert a webinar form on the landing page

Adding registration forms to landing pages.

1. Create the form on the Marketing tab >> Lead Capture >> Form.

2. You can create one from scratch or select a specific "Event Registration" template.

3.Make sure to ask for the mail, first and last name as fields within your form.

4.Navigate to your landing page (Marketing tab >> website) and insert the form + webinar. Select the webinar that is linked to your form:

gif 1.gif

• Create lists to find out who has signed up for the event

In the contacts tab >> lists >> select the filter "GoToWebinar webinars":

Webinar ListWebinar List

Workflows using the webinar criteria/filters

gif 1 (2).gif

Hubspot scores 

You can find more information about GoToWebinar integration in our knowledge base article and in the FAQ.

How do you make the most of GoToWebinar and Hubspot integration? How this integration helped you and your business going remote these days? 

KiraRobot Happy

1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE
Hi CSmyth! How are you increasing the Hubspot Score now? Using a Workflow or the Lead Scoring?
Here's an idea that came to mind. I have a few Workflows that I frequently modify, run once, and turn them off again. Rinse and repeat. You could have a Workflow with a Trigger of "On XYZ Registration List", then increase Hubspot Score by N. You could have another flow for the Attendee List. While the flow is OFF, reset the trigger to be your new webinar list, turn the flow ON and let it process, then turn it off again.
Maybe there is a more elegant way to accomplish this that someone else already uses, but this is how I handle these kinds of events.
Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
CSmyth
Participant

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

When using "Registered for" or "Attended" any webinar to increase the Hubspot Score, is this a one-time increase or does it increase with each registration (or attendance) of another webinar? I definitely need the latter.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE
Hi CSmyth! How are you increasing the Hubspot Score now? Using a Workflow or the Lead Scoring?
Here's an idea that came to mind. I have a few Workflows that I frequently modify, run once, and turn them off again. Rinse and repeat. You could have a Workflow with a Trigger of "On XYZ Registration List", then increase Hubspot Score by N. You could have another flow for the Attendee List. While the flow is OFF, reset the trigger to be your new webinar list, turn the flow ON and let it process, then turn it off again.
Maybe there is a more elegant way to accomplish this that someone else already uses, but this is how I handle these kinds of events.
Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes
CSmyth
Participant

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Thanks Crystal_Hopper for the quick response.  

I'm creating a Lead Behavioral Score and testing whether it works better as a Score property type or updated via Workflows.  I think it will need to be the latter, as the former doesn't allow a manual adjustment of the property.  

With that said, your proposed approach works, but requires meaningful manual intervention, which is antithetical to the point of creating workflows and using 3rd party app integrations to try to automate things.  I fear we'll end up having to take this approach, unless someone knows of another way. 

0 Upvotes
JKounelias1
Participant

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Can I use Go-To-Webinar forms on Hubspot, instead of creating HubSpot forms?

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

We just chose GTW for our virtual event platform. For the last 2 months I've been collecting registrations in Hubspot. Now I need to get these registrations put in GTW. Can this be done in bulk upload or via automation? Manual registration would be a major pain and Zapier is not an option. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
CarolN
Participant

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

I registered for several of my own webinars and did not get a confirmation or reminder email.   Several of my customers had the same negative experience.  

Apparently even though each registrant used a valid email address, we were being suppressed because GTW tagged us as having invalid emails.  GTW's recommendation is that each suppressed registrant call them to request that their email address be manually set as valid.  

Obviously that is a big hoop to ask customers and prospects to jump through.  Not to mention that as the webinar organizer I have no visibility to who registered but is being suppressed from emails.  

Questions: 

1. Has anyone else faced this and come up with a solution? 

2. We use HS LPs, Form, TY pages.  Is there a way to create an Add to Calendar function that pulls the unique to each registrant link into the iCalendar File?

3.  If not a way to pull the unique to the registrant link, have you successfully created a workaround generic iCalendar File that at least brings them to the GTW Registration page?

I don't want to over engineer a solution but I can't size the problem without knowing confirmation and reminder email stats (i.e., sent, delivered, bounced, opened, clicked) from GTW.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

vdecker1
Top Contributor

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Hi

1. Have you tried using Hubspot's emails instead of GTW? You can create workflows that will trigger the email based on registration, etc.

2. For the calendar invite, have you tried this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-insert-a-calendar-invite-into-an-email

-V-

vdecker1
Top Contributor

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Hello

So after the webinar is complete I want to send the recording to those that registered. Is there a way to do this in Hubspot? The download GoTo forms don't seem to pull in to Hubspot so I'm not sure how to do this? 

Thank

-V

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Hello @vdecker1 

Due to spam and security reasons, embedded videos are not supported in email across most major email clients. It's recommended to insert a thumbnail or gif image of your Webinar video and link to the landing page the video is embedded on. 

However, you can still add videos to your one-to-one emails, sales email templates, or when enrolling contacts in sequence

More information here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
vdecker1
Top Contributor

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Sorry for not being clear, I do not want to put the video in the email. I want to send the lead to a hubspot landing page to download the recording. GoTo has a form that allows you to do this but it looks like Hubspot only syncs the registration forms.  Is there a way to pull in the recording form into Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Hello @vdecker1 ,

Investigating more about the video feature in GotoWebinar, I was able to find that the video type is.MP4 files, currently it is not supported in HubSpot to be imported in our File manager this option ( more information here)

Currently, the video feature is not a functionality of our integration with Gotowebinar, as a workaround you are able to  :
  1. Copy the link to the recording from GotoWebminar and add it to one of HubSpot CTAs to be downloaded in a Landing Page.
  2. If they offer an embed code for the video, you are able to embed it into a HubSpot page.

I hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

victorleygues
Participant

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

hello, is there a way to integrate poll results from gotowebinars in Hubspot ? It will help me a lot for nurturing... It doesn't seem to be possible through the standard integration... What about with Integromat or Zapier ? Or can I export indivual poll results from Gotomeeting and then upload in Hubspot ?

kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

How to use Go to Webinar

SOLVE

Hi @victorleygues ,

Thanks for your reply. That is a great question!

Currently GotoWebinar, as far as I am concern doesn't offer that option directly.

Depending on how you are looking to set up and analyze the poll, Integromat or Zapier could be a good option.

Exporting and importing the data in Hubspot is also an alternative. To record this data in Hubspot you will need to create a custom property to registered the data. From here you could analyze this property, for example, using our reports tool.

One more alternative is using forms to create polls. With specific properties that will allow you to analyze them later on too.

Another option is using one of our poll integrations listed in our ecosystem:`https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/all-categories?eco_search=polls

I also found this integration that allows you to embed polls directly in your web: https://www.powr.io/tutorials/how-to-add-poll-app-to-your-hubspot-site Which it could a good option. You could use a specific webpage or Landing Page, created just for the webinar with the poll embedded and from there you can do that poll live during your webinar. I personally, like this idea, as can make the interaction more fun.

Please check out other options of great polls apps available within our Blog post 10 Best Scheduling, Polls, & Survey Tools for Your Team.

I hope this helps you with your end goal. In case it doesn't and you have more questions, let me know.

Regards,

Kira Robot Happy