Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

emilym1

Workflow with non-Hubspot form

SOLVE

I am trying to setup a workflow to set a contact property based on the URL where the form was filled out. In the form submission trigger, the only options for page filters are Hubspot pages, which we don't use, and "any page". Is there any way set contact properties in a workflow based on the page URL, or do I have to use custom embed code on each page to pass a hidden variable?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @emilym1 ,

I recently spent hours trying to figure out how to easily identify how a contact became a contact/from which form. I needed this especially for Facebook/Google/HubSpot forms to differentiate. There are several un-common properties found in HubSpot that may help you out!

• First Conversion: Where they first filled out a form to reach your database
  • Last Conversion: Where they most recently filled out a form to reach your database
  • First Referring Site: The first website page that the contact interacted with your brand that HubSpot recorded
    • This can be tracked and apply for the actual first site in which they interacted with your brand even if they submitted a form through another site/ form
  • Last Referring Site: The last website page that the contact interacted with your brand that HubSpot recorded

You can also create reports on "first referring site includes any of Facebook" or "first conversion includes any of Facebook." 

If the above does not work for you, please let me know the webpage and custom URL that you are looking to report on and I will see if I can figure it out. In the meantime, add the 4 properties bolded above to your list properties and see if any of those natively give you the information to report off of. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @emilym1 ,

I recently spent hours trying to figure out how to easily identify how a contact became a contact/from which form. I needed this especially for Facebook/Google/HubSpot forms to differentiate. There are several un-common properties found in HubSpot that may help you out!

• First Conversion: Where they first filled out a form to reach your database
  • Last Conversion: Where they most recently filled out a form to reach your database
  • First Referring Site: The first website page that the contact interacted with your brand that HubSpot recorded
    • This can be tracked and apply for the actual first site in which they interacted with your brand even if they submitted a form through another site/ form
  • Last Referring Site: The last website page that the contact interacted with your brand that HubSpot recorded

You can also create reports on "first referring site includes any of Facebook" or "first conversion includes any of Facebook." 

If the above does not work for you, please let me know the webpage and custom URL that you are looking to report on and I will see if I can figure it out. In the meantime, add the 4 properties bolded above to your list properties and see if any of those natively give you the information to report off of. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
josephLayden
Contributor

SOLVE

When I try to add a condition based on Last conversion, I am unable to "Add options" which is greyed out, and there are no default options.  Do you know why this is or what the workaround would be?  My goal is to add contacts to a workflow if they submitted a general form (used on more than one page) but only if they submitted the page on a specific non-hubspot webpage

Edit:  I needed toselect "Last page seen" property and tehn copy/paste the URL into the "Add options" 

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emilym1 ,

I would recommend to create a form per page. Then you can just use the form submission as an enrollment trigger to set the property. 

If HubSpot is tracking the pages containing the form, this page view will be registered in HubSpot. Then you could use the 'Page view' property to combine with the form submission criterium in the workflow enrollment trigger.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emilym1 ,

If a page is not for HubSpot, but the form is yes, I thought of just one way to do it, which is a property to characterize these contacts and 1 form per page, where each form will have this hidden and pre-defined field. This way, each external page registers a value in the contact property and, thus, can identify the contacts in the workflows.

Hope this helps.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! Smiley feliz