Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AprylHudson
Contributor

Moving Lead Status to custom property

SOLVE

Oh I hope @karstenkoehler is around 😁

My issue is this:

I have a person who has used Lead Status as a lead source type of property.  We need to utilize Lead status for proper LCS management.  So I'm moving Lead status data to a new custom property "Lead Source".  My concern is this:

Contact IDEmailLead Status Current ValueLead Status Change DateLead Status Previous Value (1)Lead Status Change Date (1)Lead Status Previous Value (2)Lead Status Change Date (2)

Will those Lead Status values and dates, transfer to a new custom property? Because the drop down options don't match exactly (he's changing the names for simplicity) I can't use a work flow to copy everything over.  So, how would you import.  If import is a terrible idea, what do you suggest? 

Any advise greatly appreciated! 🙏

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AprylHudson,

Ah, gotcha. These would be lost, yes, unless you import each historical value one by one.

Would it be acceptable to lookup past values in the lead status property? Even after migrating, the information would still be there.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AprylHudson
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Nailed it!  That is the secret sauce I was looking for.  Will pass that on.  In conjunction with the exported hard copy, that's more than enough 'just in case' 💡

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AprylHudson,

🙋🏼‍

Could you share a bit more context? Is the general idea to migrate information from one property to another as a one time effort?

If so and if you don't have workflows, the approach would be as follows:

1. Navigate to Menu > Contacts > Contacts and set the filters to only display contacts with the first lead status value you want to migrate.
  2. Select all records and bulk edit them to update the lead source value: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks
  3. Rinse and repeat with the next lead status value.

Let me know if I understood you correctly!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AprylHudson
Contributor

SOLVE

@Anonymous 😂You are literally my hero. 

So yes to the one time edit.  The tricky part is that I'm not trying to simply capture the main Lead status value, I also need to (if possible) capture the historical data:

Lead Status Current Value (The drop down select value)Lead Status Change Date (hidden)Lead Status Previous Value (1)(Hidden) Lead Status Change Date (1)Lead Status Previous Value (2)Lead Status Change Date (2)

AprylHudson_0-1656568325951.png

So I can see these fields in the export, but I'm not sure if I was to reimport them under "Lead Source", if those additional fields would be captured.  

I warned them they will likely lose that data (beyond the exported file).  

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AprylHudson,

Ah, gotcha. These would be lost, yes, unless you import each historical value one by one.

Would it be acceptable to lookup past values in the lead status property? Even after migrating, the information would still be there.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler