Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MattAntos-Lewis
Participant

Limit number of contacts emailed at any one account at one time?

SOLVE

I have a cleaned, verified list of emails/contacts for marketing outreach. The nature of our business is that we focus on individual sites, and so have some accounts with large numbers of contacts at that one account.

Obviously I don't want to email masses of people at the same company all at the same time.

In Marketo at my previous role, we were able to set a limit on the number of contacts in one account that could be emailed in one go before a cut off. I understand this cannot be done in Hubspot.

Short of manually trawling the list and cutting it down (it's too long to do so manually), any suggestions for a workaround?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattAntos-Lewis,

I would probably do this in Excel. Export all of your contacts, deduplicate your file by the company name column and re-import the remaining contacts. This should now be one contact per company only. (If you import the email column only, you can create a contact list of your imported contacts – effectively not doing anything besides creating that list.)

Next time you need to run this process, you can exclude contacts with a value for the contact property "Last contacted" from your export. (Only export contacts where "Last contacted" is unknown.) In your export file, you can then repeat the deduplication by company name and re-import the list.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattAntos-Lewis,

I would probably do this in Excel. Export all of your contacts, deduplicate your file by the company name column and re-import the remaining contacts. This should now be one contact per company only. (If you import the email column only, you can create a contact list of your imported contacts – effectively not doing anything besides creating that list.)

Next time you need to run this process, you can exclude contacts with a value for the contact property "Last contacted" from your export. (Only export contacts where "Last contacted" is unknown.) In your export file, you can then repeat the deduplication by company name and re-import the list.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MattAntos-Lewis
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, this is in effect what I have ended up doing.

0 Upvotes